• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

High mileage in my old 124 estate

I did find some pics of the 190E that was narrowly missed by the errant driver , and put back on the road . That car was bought as a stopgap after my first 300TE expired due to the failure of the ASD , an expensive and difficult to get hold of item , resulting in that car being sold for spares . The 190 was for sale on a driveway 1 mile down the road , for the bargain price of £300 , and it served me well for 3 years or so , with the rusty arches being repaired and the steel wheels being replaced with the correct , for a very early 190 , 14" 15 hole alloys , before eventually being upgraded to a 190E 2.6

The 300TE-24 came about a year after the 190 , and about 18 months before it met its demise . The 190 was just kept as a spare car at that point , and after the 300TE-24 was broken up , it was replaced by my W111 Fintail 220S
View attachment 161624View attachment 161625View attachment 161626

I don't suppose the story would be complete without a few pics of the Fintail as well , and the new wall we got built courtesy of the household insurance after that woman demolished the old one .

View attachment 161627View attachment 161628View attachment 161629View attachment 161630View attachment 161631View attachment 161632View attachment 161633

I couldn't resist buying that one as my dad had one from new in the early 60s and it brought back so many memories of my childhood . Alas the body repairs were beyond me due to extensive rust , but I'd acquired it as a cashless swap for another car , and it was passed on in the same way . Incidentally , it was the same size , length and width , as my 500SEL , also seen in some of the pics .
I’m guessing a Glen Henderson car, going by the registration?

No , it was bought from MB in Milton St Glasgow and serviced by them until the owner retired , at which point he traded it for a new SL . The dealer put the car out to trade , which was where I found it .

Apologies , you were probably referring to the 190 ?

Yes , given the 'SD' registration , that one probably came from GH , although I bought it very secondhand and never got any history .

The 300 was a one owner car , and after getting the V5 through with the details of the one former keeper , I went round and had a good chat with him about the car , very nice chap and very helpful .

No , it was bought from MB in Milton St Glasgow and serviced by them until the owner retired , at which point he traded it for a new SL . The dealer put the car out to trade , which was where I found it .
I thought it was too old for Milton Street. My guess for that one would’ve been Callander in Kirklee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom