C350e - strong petrol smell in cabin from cold

Darrener

Car
C350e
I've had a c350e from new (2016) and only expereinced this after my recent major service. I took the car back to the dealer and they changed a high pressure pipe. The smell went away that evening (driving home) but it was back in the morning. I've been back to them and they can't smell it, but have arranged to keep the car for a few days in the new year. Apparently they can't do anything over the Chrismas period. My workaround is to drive with the climate control in recirculate mode.
Hi I have had mine since October 2019 and had the same issues with the smell of petrol, took it back to the dealership and they said it was some kind of valve that was not working, however after two weeks same again but due to work only had chance to take it back this week, they are telling me they will fit a new fuel pipe but will have to wait maybe a couple of weeks for it to come from Germany, so i will update when i get the car back

Rich45

Car
C350
Hi I have had mine since October 2019 and had the same issues with the smell of petrol, took it back to the dealership and they said it was some kind of valve that was not working, however after two weeks same again but due to work only had chance to take it back this week, they are telling me they will fit a new fuel pipe but will have to wait maybe a couple of weeks for it to come from Germany, so i will update when i get the car back
I had the same discussion with Mercedes during my annual service in January. They ordered the part (from Germany) and installed it for free. I suspect it is something they know about. I actually showed them this thread when I took the car in to demonstrate that it is not an isolated incident. They handled it pretty well I think.

superlite

Car
c350e
Ive had my c350e now a couple of years, its a 2016, soon after I bought it I noticed the same smell, brought it into Mercedes and they could find nothing, after a year and having its annual service I brought it up again, they pressure tested the fuel lines and found nothing. over the next year the frequency became more regular and brought it in for its annual service. went through the problem with the service handler and gave him part numbers etc. He was back in 5 minutes to tell me that MB would be covering the cost of replacing the high pressure fuel line.
much to my delight as the car was out of warranty. no smell since

ming666

Car
2016 C350e
Do the UK cars have the carbon filter in the fuel tank breathing system? This is a cause of fumes in the cabin if its blocked?
I ask because mine also has the petrol smell in the cabin sometimes. Usually from cold when the engine isn't running.

ming666

Car
2016 C350e

Chris-S

SUPPORTER
Car
C350e
Pretty certain that vapour recovery carbon canisters have been obligatory for quite a few years now, so yes, it'll have one.

It seems the cause for this so far has always turned out to be that faulty fuel line across the back of the engine.

ming666

Car
2016 C350e
Thanks. I'll have it checked out once this virus shenanigans is over

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom