C36 AMG FAILED EMISIONS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have a good look at the engine loom is you have a missfire.

As you are not far from me I am happy to take a look for you. I know the 104 engine very well.

for those following the Lambda was just on the limit and the Co2 was high. A lambda sensor is a nice name for a Co2 sensor so there is a chance that the sensor is either pretty clogged up or failing as BOTH readings are at, or over the limits.

A family member recently went for an MOT with her 1.0l Audi A1 tfsi sport. It had less than 10k miles up...and just 200 odd miles since its last perfect MOT emissions test.

The Lambda readings were near perfect, the Co2 readings were off the scale. The garage said that after the first fail they took the car for a long drive. The second test readings were worse than the 1st. (The recorder mileage for both tests was the sameo_O)

They announced that they scanned the car and the Co2 sensor was faulty. £162.00 plus fitting.

I phoned the garage, pointed out that it could not be the sensor, they insisted that it was. Collected the car.
I put it on the VCDS scanner. No faults.

I got her to put half a bottle of Dipetane in the tank _it is magic- drive it for a few extra miles the evening before and this time told her to arrive at the test station just on time and to stay there until the test was completed..and if it was not going to be done on time to get a specific time and drive it again.

15 minutes later the tester goes up to the manager and exclaims "wots she done to this car then"

The Co2 was 0 on all stages and the Lambda was 1.0

Moral of the story is not to trust the tester to give the car a fighting chance, arrive on time, not before, and use plenty of Dipetane.😇
Why did she return to the same test station. The test was free and she wanted to prove a point.

for those following the Lambda was just on the limit and the Co2 was high. A lambda sensor is a nice name for a Co2 sensor so there is a chance that the sensor is either pretty clogged up or failing as BOTH readings are at, or over the limits.

A family member recently went for an MOT with her 1.0l Audi A1 tfsi sport. It had less than 10k miles up...and just 200 odd miles since its last perfect MOT emissions test.

The Lambda readings were near perfect, the Co2 readings were off the scale. The garage said that after the first fail they took the car for a long drive. The second test readings were worse than the 1st. (The recorder mileage for both tests was the sameo_O)

They announced that they scanned the car and the Co2 sensor was faulty. £162.00 plus fitting.

I phoned the garage, pointed out that it could not be the sensor, they insisted that it was. Collected the car.
I put it on the VCDS scanner. No faults.

I got her to put half a bottle of Dipetane in the tank _it is magic- drive it for a few extra miles the evening before and this time told her to arrive at the test station just on time and to stay there until the test was completed..and if it was not going to be done on time to get a specific time and drive it again.

15 minutes later the tester goes up to the manager and exclaims "wots she done to this car then"

The Co2 was 0 on all stages and the Lambda was 1.0

Moral of the story is not to trust the tester to give the car a fighting chance, arrive on time, not before, and use plenty of Dipetane.😇
Why did she return to the same test station. The test was free and she wanted to prove a point.
Thanks for this - had a similar issue previously and it was a costly fix!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom