C43 converted to C55....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Michael, if you read this (I see it's a forum car), in view of your asking price I think it may be a bit ambitious to hope to swap it for a "C63 destroyer". Part exchange certainly, but a straight swap seems pretty unlikely.

Unless, of course, you are selling it as a C63 destroyer, in which case you'll need to list the modifications done to the engine.

If it’s the same one, I nearly bought this off a guy up Cumbria way a few year ago - iirc he was a pub landlord - and had bought my train ticket to go buy it but just before leaving I HPI’d and found it had been written-off.

When I put it to the owner he said he didn’t even understand what an insurance written-off car meant!

Maybe that's what the write off was - it was crashed head first into a C63 judging by the state of the front end. :D

So that's what he means by "C63 destroyer"..

Michael, if you read this (I see it's a forum car), in view of your asking price I think it may be a bit ambitious to hope to swap it for a "C63 destroyer". Part exchange certainly, but a straight swap seems pretty unlikely.

Unless, of course, you are selling it as a C63 destroyer, in which case you'll need to list the modifications done to the engine.

Out of curiosity how do you know it's a forum car?

Out of curiosity how do you know it's a forum car?
From the description in the ebay listing
"The car has been a forum car and daily driven for the last 4 years."

It is definitely a forum members car. Michael Slater. Can't remember his username for the life of me though...

Will never sell for £7k its tatty with high miles, chancer.

There were a few of these C43->C55 conversions knocking around - Ollie at PCS did at least a couple, IIRC.

Granted it looks a bit leggy, however being Devils advocate...
Cat C/D could have been a reasonably light front end bump to write it off, especially if it had xenons.
Nothing too scary on the MOT history
For the asking price, if someone wanted to go down the C43/55 route, they would struggle to get a MOT'd C43 (albeit a bit leggy) and supply and fit a 5.4Ltr.

Reactions: Abb
It's OK I suppose , but how is it a C63 destroyer ? have I missed something ? It has a non AMG M113 in it (slightly down on power than the AMG version) and a non AMG 'speedshift' gearbox.

It would take a lot of work to add the 100bhp+ it would need to be a C63 killer. Someone on here will probably enlighten me. :dk:

It's OK I suppose , but how is it a C63 destroyer ? have I missed something ? It has a non AMG M113 in it (slightly down on power than the AMG version) and a non AMG 'speedshift' gearbox.

It would take a lot of work to add the 100bhp+ it would need to be a C63 killer. Someone on here will probably enlighten me. :dk:
Perhaps more of a C63 surpriser than a killer.
As above no mention of mods so (a not unreasonable) 345-350bhp.
My C43/55 with the standard diff recorded a 0-60 of 4.1s one of the GPS timers, for a 20 year old bus, it will give a young gun a run for its money

Screenshot_20190803-064126_Drag Racer by Notwens, on Flickr

It says it came out of a CLK55...so, it must be an AMG engine?

Perhaps more of a C63 surpriser than a killer.
As above no mention of mods so (a not unreasonable) 345-350bhp.
My C43/55 with the standard diff recorded a 0-60 of 4.1s one of the GPS timers, for a 20 year old bus, it will give a young gun a run for its money

Screenshot_20190803-064126_Drag Racer by Notwens, on Flickr
My ancient C55 AMG is also a C63 'supriser' only if the driver of the C63 doesn't know his AMG's and fails to spot the signs...but a killer, never.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom