C55 Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Miggins

Car
C55 AMG Estate.
Yup I'm smitten with these atm. Audi S4 Avant was top of the list but bar 4WD the C55 trumps it for me in every department. I just missed an 04 plate that appeared very well maintained on 85k. £9850 ono

Something like this is good for my budget, the private 06 on ebay at £12,000 with over 100k is a little strong for me.

Thanks MM

how about a S210 430 black, fully loaded, ventilated seats , sat nav stunning and rare design leather seats etc 96,000 miles, amazing history and condition

£4000 ovno

its a year 2000 so a bit older than you wanted but amazing condition and i think such great Value too!

paul hayward said:
how about a S210 430 black, fully loaded, ventilated seats , sat nav stunning and rare design leather seats etc 96,000 miles, amazing history and condition £4000 ovno its a year 2000 so a bit older than you wanted but amazing condition and i think such great Value too!

Not sure I'd see that as amazing value seems rather high on the money, you are in e55 territory.

Not sure I'd see that as amazing value seems rather high on the money, you are in e55 territory.

ok....no worries....ive just learnt over the years you get what you pay for etc... gotta start somewhere though n get knocked down:thumb:

Cheers for the suggestion but I'm going to stick to my guns, for the time being at least.

There's a lovely S4 Avant available, local to me which I would have bought in a flash if these damned C55s hadn't turned up on my radar and as I'll probably own my next car for 3-4 years I want to avoid compromise if I can.

the c55`s are nice, fairly rare but they do come up, keep looking.

What Spec B do you have and age? Selling?

The scooby is an 05 plate saloon, 97k with FSH, high standard spec. Mechanical and interior very good and totally reliable, exterior is average with 3 trolly dinks and curbing (from before my time obviously). 5 months T & T. It's the UK spec B so N/A 245bhp not the imported turbo version.

Cracking motor but thirsty (not expecting to save money on fuel in the C55) and firm ride plus lack of fifth door means it's time to change. I am selling and it'll be cheap, say £2200 no offers or £2350 ono :D

I'll probably have it on Gumtree this week sometime, I'm in Derby.

Last edited:
Just a cheeky bump. I've been sooo tempted by a lovely saloon and only really need the estate for the dog but since we've been dog owners for the last couple of years our country walks have stopped so I guess i'll dig in for the long haul as I miss the peak district.

I did make an offer on an estate but with no sat nav or parking senors plus just in the higher tax bracket I'm not willing to stretch my budget for that particular car although I might for the right one.

My wandering eye has taken in audi S6 v10s, 550i tourings and others but the C55 is a bit of an obsession now.

Bought one 5 months ago. 550i/545i/S6 was also on my list but they do feel somewhat bigger than the C55 (they're actually the class up so E-Class sized). My advice would be to wait for one to come up.

Any reason why your not considering a c32 ? Just curious as I was thinking about one. Are there any nasties that I should know about that would make a c55 a better choice? Any body have experience with both?

I've had a 32Amg estate (new) and a C55 saloon (2nd hand). I think the C55 has better handling, ride and all round ability, the C32 is not as well made, the steering less precise, but has that supercharged V6 that does make it fly. If you want to tune it - go for the latter or an E55k, otherwise C55 anytime.

Yup the C55 package sounds better finished. I'm not sure if they are all galvanised but they don't seem to suffer from the rust issues of the C32. Also I have yet to tick the V8 box. I've got a viewing on Thursday. Excited!

Oh and Sheilas wheels have quoted me £266 for insurance with everywhere else coming in a £500 odd. Double checked all the details and it's real, bonus :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom