C62 Ceramic Brakes : )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Crazy money!!!!!

I looked into this a while ago and nearly pulled the trigger on Movit ceramic brakes....a However, even with man maths I just couldn't justify the outlay.

If the car was being tracked then I could understand it......but mine does the Asda and gym run!!!!

Genuine question, do you guys have a problem with Brake fade? unless your on a track I dont see the point of getting these :dk:

Doesnt the C63 have 8pot calipers already?

I have gone for 5.1 brake fluid and still get brake fade on occasion when braking from "nipping on " up north, perhaps I should try different pads...

Genuine question, do you guys have a problem with Brake fade? unless your on a track I dont see the point of getting these :dk:

Never had any issue with brake fade, from the bit research I did the standard C63 brakes are all Brembo anyway so unless driving really hard or tracking I can't see how the ceramic brakes can be justified.

KillerHERTZ said:
Genuine question, do you guys have a problem with Brake fade? unless your on a track I dont see the point of getting these :dk: Doesnt the C63 have 8pot calipers already?

Never had brake fade, I've never been on a track with it though.

The C63 has 6 pot front callipers by Brembo I believe.

I totally agree with your Karl...

but then we could say are other high performance mods needed on a C63? For example look at LeeC63's mods in his signature, I mean it's not like the C63 is a slow vehicle is it?

Btw that is a general question and not aimed at either of you :thumb:

If I had the money and I was into heavy modding, I probably would :)

Were ceramics an option on the C63 from factory? Infact, on any model? never seen it mentioned

Last edited:
I have had brake fade on my 10 plate ppp, my 507 and my 125, nothing very bad but the pedal does go a bit long on occasion, but then again I am a " Nipping on a bit " when up north.

And yes, six pot Brembos on C63s

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom