C63 AMG Edition 507 - First Impressions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Evotion

Car
A Few
Thanks for all of your help so far in my 'What Next' thread.
I thought I would share my early thoughts on the car itself for others new to the car or brand - like I was.

Background
I have owned all German cars except for BMW and Mercedes. I'd never buy a BMW as I was traumatised, as a teen, growing up in Bracknell where the BMW HQ was and seeing so many :)
I have an Abarth as a runaround but my oldest son has returned south from Uni and it is just a bit too small for him and my two other sons. I was also getting a tad fed up with the lack of comfort, lack of heated seats and the jerkiness when commuting or in traffic.

Originally I was after a practical, 4 door, 5 seating,, comfy almost new car.
This changed to wanting a somewhat practical, modern car.
This then changed to any wicked sports car that has 2 seats in the back.

I considered a 997 911, the Alfa QF and perhaps even revisiting some cars I have owned over the last few years such as the RS3 and Golf R.

I was just about to hit a QF when i noticed that AMG did a 'special' version of the C63.
Upon further research I realised that the 507 was a wicked car with some rarity and might hold its value over the years covering, in some way, or lessening the blow of, maintenance costs,

I bought one unseen from a dealer, asking for a warranty extension and free delivery.

The car turned up and looked a lot better even than in the original pictures. The lines are suitably aggressive and, although I would have considered any colour, believed the black to really suit the menacing nature of the beast.

I love the looks. Yes, I would LOVE the extra presence of the Black but not at that price!

merc.jpeg

In the Car
I was immediately impressed with just how damn well the car was built. VERY solid. I was new to the brand and delighted that it felt even better inside than my missus's Bentley GTC.

The seats are great. Superb lumbar, well heated, very supportive and the memory is useful.
The boot is bigger than expected.
The wheel is lovely in the hand.
There is a general air of quality.
The mats are nice! :)
Instruments are clear.
Infotainment screen is naff but control is a new thing to me and I like it.
Back seats were fine and better than the Abarth.
Stereo is acceptable.

Moving
Great noise on start up!!
Mad on revving up.
Rear wheels spin with very little provocation.
Car feels very dangerous.
Car feels super fast - faster than i expected.
I love it!!

I aim to look after it well.

Thanks for all of your help so far in my 'What Next' thread.
I thought I would share my early thoughts on the car itself for others new to the car or brand - like I was.

Background
I have owned all German cars except for BMW and Mercedes. I'd never buy a BMW as I was traumatised, as a teen, growing up in Bracknell where the BMW HQ was and seeing so many :)
I have an Abarth as a runaround but my oldest son has returned south from Uni and it is just a bit too small for him and my two other sons. I was also getting a tad fed up with the lack of comfort, lack of heated seats and the jerkiness when commuting or in traffic.

Originally I was after a practical, 4 door, 5 seating,, comfy almost new car.
This changed to wanting a somewhat practical, modern car.
This then changed to any wicked sports car that has 2 seats in the back.

I considered a 997 911, the Alfa QF and perhaps even revisiting some cars I have owned over the last few years such as the RS3 and Golf R.

I was just about to hit a QF when i noticed that AMG did a 'special' version of the C63.
Upon further research I realised that the 507 was a wicked car with some rarity and might hold its value over the years covering, in some way, or lessening the blow of, maintenance costs,

I bought one unseen from a dealer, asking for a warranty extension and free delivery.

The car turned up and looked a lot better even than in the original pictures. The lines are suitably aggressive and, although I would have considered any colour, believed the black to really suit the menacing nature of the beast.

I love the looks. Yes, I would LOVE the extra presence of the Black but not at that price!

View attachment 123154

In the Car
I was immediately impressed with just how damn well the car was built. VERY solid. I was new to the brand and delighted that it felt even better inside than my missus's Bentley GTC.

The seats are great. Superb lumbar, well heated, very supportive and the memory is useful.
The boot is bigger than expected.
The wheel is lovely in the hand.
There is a general air of quality.
The mats are nice! :)
Instruments are clear.
Infotainment screen is naff but control is a new thing to me and I like it.
Back seats were fine and better than the Abarth.
Stereo is acceptable.

Moving
Great noise on start up!!
Mad on revving up.
Rear wheels spin with very little provocation.
Car feels very dangerous.
Car feels super fast - faster than i expected.
I love it!!

I aim to look after it well.
These are great cars!
I have a magno saloon with factory lsd and factory performance suspension. It’s a real weapon.
Just make sure you use the best quality oil…

Welcome great cars it’s good that you found a good one get out and enjoy any time you can weather permitting

I love the 'evolution' of the wish-list car! :)

Very nice outcome!

Lovely motor, and good write up. :) 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom