• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C63 w205 Ignition Coil - HELP!

well, I am back in a C63S amg. managed to find an immaculate one owner example and enjoyed it for a grand total of 2 hours until CEL and misfire. one and a half weeks at the dealership already and no timeframe as to when the coil pack will arrive :/

well, I am back in a C63S amg. managed to find an immaculate one owner example and enjoyed it for a grand total of 2 hours until CEL and misfire. one and a half weeks at the dealership already and no timeframe as to when the coil pack will arrive :/
Have they get the coils yet? I’m looking for one as well but it seems out of stock for months now

I know that A1779069500 was the latest late last year according to @Jobsworth. Does anyone know what's the deal with A1779060206? The US guys seem to think it's superseded the 9500 part.

Seems to suggest that 0206 replaced all the other coil packs including 9500.

See my other thread “Faulty Ignition Coils” where I tried to summarise this, including all the various part numbers.

See my other thread “Faulty Ignition Coils” where I tried to summarise this, including all the various part numbers.

Very helpful thanks for sharing the info!

Very interesting thread. I’ve just experienced my AMG GTR stutter to a standstill and a quick OBD check says all 8 ignition coils are faulty - is this likely?? They are the part number that’s mentioned above finishing in 500 so I’m guessing the same (updated) coil pack would fit mine?? And it’s obvious that it didn’t go in for the recall when this was found to be an issue in 2018….do MB still honour recalls this late in the game or is it just down to me to replace them all?? Looks like getting 4 packs will be a struggle….😩. I know it’s not a spark plug issue as all have been replaced 500 miles ago. Cars only done 18000 and is late ‘17.

It’s just a basic OBD Amazon job - I’ve cleared the faults and have driven the car about 20 miles and it performs as normal. Anything else I could look into??

Forgot to add, it’s running catted down pipes (200 cell) with a stage 2 tune. 710bhp with 680lbft torque.

Last edited:
Car came to a stop again today so it’s being sent in to be diagnosed this week. Potentially a coil grounding issue, hopefully not a big job. It would make sense with how sporadically it happens. After it had stopped, turned it off and back on again and drove home normally. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_3649.jpeg
    IMG_3649.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3648.jpeg
    IMG_3648.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
That code will need Star to be read properly, I have similar problem with one of my Ducato vans, they are a blinkin pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom