C63S - 3 year service items missed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The 7g+ in my E63 is 31k miles or 3 yrs as in post# 58
See below.... ;)

AMG notwithstanding, MB have been known to vary the recommended service intervals for their automatic transmissions for no obvious reasons.

Over the years, we've had:

Every 37,500/40,000 or 4 years
Once at 37,500/40,000 or 4 years
Every 40,000 or 3 years
Every 77,500 or 5 years
Once at 77,500 or 5 years
Sealed for life

It is very difficult to see what mechanical changes have been made to the 5g, 7g, 7g+ and 9g transmissions over the years to justify such drastic changes in maintenance regime. No wonder that for owners on Service Care Plan it often seems like the 'luck of the draw' whether their ATF will get changed under the plan.

(That said... on the balance of probabilities, the previous owner just skimped on the service, rather than having had deep insights into the necessity of the service... though we'll never know for certain)

My problem is if I refused the atf service due to not doing many miles, would Mercedes help with any goodwill if a problem occurred to the 'box later in its life?

Didn't read that post Mark, just replied to the one I quoted.
But I see you are on the ball anyway;):D

In my mind it was a continuation of my previous post... but I forgot that there are no mind-readers on this forum :D

My problem is if I refused the atf service due to not doing many miles, would Mercedes help with any goodwill if a problem occurred to the 'box later in its life?
Probably not.

I knew you'd say that.
Unfortunately Mercedes goodwill Is not what it once was, and I think even in the glory days they wouldn’t have picked up the tab in the event of missed maintenance.

I believe that 7g is 3 years, 7g+ is 5 years.
Hi , on my C207E400 7 plus it's 5 years as you stated or 77,000 miles

Mercedes do appear to alter service intervals depending where the car is used or engine / gearbox combinations.

Hi , on my C207E400 7 plus it's 5 years as you stated or 77,000 miles

Mercedes do appear to alter service intervals depending where the car is used or engine / gearbox combinations.
I would imagine the AMG models have a beef’d up version hence the more regular service intervals, or do they ?

Sadly it’s the norm.
Don’t be surprised. The number of utter scumbags,drug dealing, vat scamming cash rich lowlife I see driving these and other road rockets about is growing.
I was at my Indy a couple of weeks ago and he had a 19 plate C63s coupe wearing the Matt selenite grey in for a service.

I hope you’re sitting down - this is it’s first service in 50k miles !!!! It’s got no service history at all. It had totally bald rear tyres and looked like tornado ripped through the interior - the owner is a cash rich street pharmacist. Car bought from one of the dodgy West Yorkshire dealers. Need I say more.
There are plenty that don’t get maintained properly.
Ive been looking at getting a Golf R, you should see the state of some of them.

I'm not surprised; every second one of those I see is doing 90 in a 30 zone with the stereo at ear-bleeding volume levels and trailing a most pungent aroma .
Not sure what the leasing companies think when they get them back.

...There are plenty that don’t get maintained properly.

In time, they'll all get cleaned-up by the dealer for the unsuspecting next potential owner....

I sympathise with the OP. Does anybody remember how much easier it seemed to be before they computerised their servicing; there seem to be loads of topics started about 'what is covered, what's required etc.'

I now keep spreadsheets detailing what's due/when/done for each car. It's also becoming increasingly difficult to find out what does need changing at each service as it isn't even listed in the handbooks/service books on some, certainly not on the MB I bought last year, and it takes research online, or emailing the company, to find out the basics, which is far more time consuming than simply reading a page in a book. Their preferred option is 'just sign up to a service plan sir, we'll take care of it for you'.

Perhaps the majority of customers of the new cars now simply rely on an App to reach out to them :)

I sympathise with the OP. Does anybody remember how much easier it seemed to be before they computerised their servicing; there seem to be loads of topics started about 'what is covered, what's required etc.'

I now keep spreadsheets detailing what's due/when/done for each car. It's also becoming increasingly difficult to find out what does need changing at each service as it isn't even listed in the handbooks/service books on some, certainly not on the MB I bought last year, and it takes research online, or emailing the company, to find out the basics, which is far more time consuming than simply reading a page in a book. Their preferred option is 'just sign up to a service plan sir, we'll take care of it for you'.

Perhaps the majority of customers of the new cars now simply rely on an App to reach out to them :)
I for one don't ever remember it being this complicated. My previous 2 cars (both Audi's) it was easy, what it said in the manual was what needed doing, the dealer had the same information unless it was something unusual like a recall etc. It all seemed to work. I've certainly never been in a position where i've had to tell the dealer something essential needs doing and contradict 'the system' like I have with this car!

The joys of owning new( ish ) cars..........

Similar to others - first service of the SL63 (six year service overall) under my ownership was due in January. I phoned MB Gatwick who were very helpful and talked through what had been done etc.. I asked whether ATF was completed at the 4 year and they said it hadn't, highlighting that as it had only done 15k miles when I bought it it wasn't required! I got a quote for just service - then went down to PCS got the service, ATF and the diff fluid changes done for not very much more than MB Gatwick were going to charge for just the service. It all seems very laissez-faire and I am much more confident in PCS looking after me than MB!

I for one don't ever remember it being this complicated. My previous 2 cars (both Audi's) it was easy, what it said in the manual was what needed doing, the dealer had the same information unless it was something unusual like a recall etc. It all seemed to work. I've certainly never been in a position where i've had to tell the dealer something essential needs doing and contradict 'the system' like I have with this car!

It was (and still is) simple enough on all my non-merc cars, which included (so far) Toyota, Vauxhall, Kia, Suzuki, Renault etc... the annual service includes all of the applicable additional items for the year, and you don't get the option to 'opt-out' of certain bits that are due on that year's service (unless you specifically ask for an interim service, aka oil service, which is actually meant to be carried-out between scheduled services, not instead).

MB's unique way of working-out what needs to be done by separating the additional items from the A and B services does have some merit in essence, but it also creates confusion and gives room for cars having misleading 'service history' (either intentional or accidental).

How and when does Audi deal with items which aren’t required every service, like automatic transmission fluid change, spark plug change, air filter change, brake fluid change, etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom