• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Can speed limiter be removed on my S65AMG W221?

No I thought 150mph would be funny 🤣🤣🤣

Je-zeus Sam.

Hitting the pedal above 155 I would imagine really gives me the willys. I've done the odd Euro trip and knocked into the odd 130s and 140s in very quiet traffic conditions, and not for very long as I've thought eff me. If any one of these numpties on the road does something stupid, it could go wrong fast.

Do let us know how you get on 👍
Let’s hope the tyres are fresh and correctly rated for weight and speed.

Not the time to discover that nail or weak side wall that wasn’t a problem at speeds of merely 150 mph.

( I helped out a friend who had potholed a tyre on Sunday, thanks to a weak tyre wall. A glance showed that although the tyre had comfortably legal tread, it was in poor condition, so no surprise it had given up “under pressure”)

Last edited:
Don't forget to advise your insurers. Please let us know how you get on in this respect.

Excellent update, I’m pleased you got it sorted out :)

Thank you Will :)

Not, I take it, to 186 mph?

Yes, 186mph

Let’s hope the tyres are fresh and correctly rated for weight and speed.

Not the time to discover that nail or weak side wall that wasn’t a problem at speeds of merely 150 mph.

( I helped out a friend who had potholed a tyre on Sunday, thanks to a weak tyre wall. A glance showed that although the tyre had comfortably legal tread, it was in poor condition, so no surprise it had given up “under pressure”)

Tyres are brand new Pirellis, Mercedes fitment but you are 100% correct, if anything goes wrong at any speed after 100mph, things could go very wrong.

Just because the limiter has been increased, it doesn't mean I will do 186mph in the autobahn. It was more to do with the fact that this cars have different limiters like my S63 for example that is limited to 186 mph. Why not have the S65 set to that limiter also :).
I might have come across bad because I wanted to increase the limiter but I value life very much, especially having other people in the car and knowing there are other people using the roads, I wouldn't drive recklessly. There are some roads in Germany that you can do 150mph - 160+ mph and it's perfectly safe.

I went to Germany as well when I had the S600 and I done 155mph in that. It honestly felt like I was doing 70mph!

Don't forget to advise your insurers. Please let us know how you get on in this respect.

Thank you, will do :)

Understood. We know you're Mr OCD. (I've seen "Professor T.")

I was just reminding "others" who enjoy speed in 2.2 tonne motors to make sure the tyres are up to the job.

TBH it's the torque on acceleration and braking, especially if there's a bit of a bend or a swerve going on.

Did Germany last year, no matter how fast you are going there will be some ass rider flashing you out of the way at some point, on there way to a big stoppie behing the next resident of the outside lane.It was just too busy.

I'm fairly sure Debbie did Dallas long time ago? 👍🤣
Was that in a Benz?
How did she do?
Good or bad? :cool:

Yeah this would be interesting to know as a few cars i'm looking at have been remapped

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom