Car values in 2023

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fastcar155

MB Enthusiast
Car
A fast car
Hi , well I had my 2015 registered but a 2016 model C207E400 valued by Car Wow at £12000.00

The car has a full Mercedes service history and covered 45000 miles , natural leather and a full glass roof.

Ford Fiesta 2015 model with 27000 miles on the clock has been sold locally in Malvern for £12000.00

Not sure of the model but highly unlikely a high performance car.

So we have that the same year cars 2015 from Ford super mini and Mercedes-benz premium car have the same value.

I am aware that dealers have to make a margin but !

PS Mrs Boyband would not let me sell the car.

If they are buying it at 12k (probably somewhere near trade book) they wont be selling it for less than £15500 or £16000....so there's perhaps 4k difference straight away....you can't compare trade on one car with retail on another.

I had my E63 valued by Car Wow last year.
I sold it privately for almost £5k more.

Car Wow and the like are fine if you want to avoid tyre kickers, low ballers and the general hassle of a private sale.
But be ready for an offer that will be less than a trade in price at a dealer.

The dealer needs not only to 'turn a profit', but also to fix all those faults that the previous owner 'neglected to mention', AND provide a statuary warranty for the car. Occasionally also taking a hit on a 'lemon' that is returned within 30 days. Etc etc.

Bid-Ask spread, and you've forgotten to include the mileage on that E400.
Large cars always lose a great chunk of their value through their first 2-3 owners,
while small hatchbacks gain momentum as they reach their natural home - especially if they're low mileage petrol.

Congratulations to that Fiesta seller, he sold his Fiesta for more thanthe asking price of any other 2015 Fiesta on Autotrader, at that mileage. Here's the highest priced 2015 Fiesta at that kind of mileage - and this one will be sold for more like £11k.

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 09.43.37.png

Last edited:
Your E400 is worth almost twice that of an ordinary Fiesta, let alone an ST, you just need to find the right buyer. But why sell it?

Here's a typical Autotrader E400

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 09.53.29.png

The dealer needs not only to 'turn a profit', but also to fix all those faults that the previous owner 'neglected to mention', AND provide a statuary statutory warranty for the car. Occasionally also taking a hit on a 'lemon' that is returned within 30 days. Etc etc.
:doh:

Hi , I understand what you are all saying but being able to mention a Ford Fiesta and a Mercedes E class in the same breath would have been unheard of a few years ago. ( values )

I paid £55,000 for the car in 2015 and in 2023 in worth £12,000. I do understand that a a good chunk of the purchase price went to the revenue services.

You pays your money !

Hi , I understand what you are all saying but being able to mention a Ford Fiesta and a Mercedes E class in the same breath would have been unheard of a few years ago. ( values )
I paid £55,000 for the car in 2015 and in 2023 in worth £12,000. I do understand that a a good chunk of the purchase price went to the revenue services.
You pays your money !
Yes, a £55k coupe sells for £16+k eight years later. 70% depreciation, or two thirds if you will.

Where's the surprise in that? it's nowt to do with taxes. it's usage, depreciation and fashion.

I bought a seven year old CL500 not so long ago. £105k new, less 80% depreciation. Normal, really.

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 11.29.41.png

I found this podcast episode interesting

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yes, a £55k coupe sells for £16+k eight years later. 70% depreciation, or two thirds if you will.

Where's the surprise in that? it's nowt to do with taxes. it's usage, depreciation and fashion.

I bought a seven year old CL500 not so long ago. £105k new, less 80% depreciation. Normal, really.

View attachment 145974
Hi , you are totally correct in what you say , but I won't be purchasing another new car again.

Trouble with Mercedes the A , C and E class cars are no longer a rare car and so many are continually coming of lease and that just drives the price down.

PS . Love you car.

This is rather strange, but as others have said CarWow, We Buy Any Car and the likes are funny when it comes to pricing

The evidence is out there for all to see. Forecourts full of used EV’s and dealers offering immediate delivery with 0% finance.

And that’s without the number plate change and year end / 2024 model discounts.

Rejoice, rejoice !!

Hi , a car similar to mine with a lower mileage ( 23000 ) against my 45000 is up for sale at £23,000.

Car Wow quoted £12,000

Had reason to check the value of a couple of my cars recently - checking market value for insurance purposes - and the swing in recent months appears to have been hard and fast on the cars I checked.

In fact one of them is probably almost down to where it might have been had the used car price bubble never happened. I didn’t use WBAC or similar, just looked at asking prices or cars for sale.

Bad enough as an individual, but it must have been a very difficult quarter (or two) for dealers holding stock of similar cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom