• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

[SOLD] Cat n W211 E320cdi Sport- great project

bigyank

Car
E320 sport W211
Hi All,

So my recent foray into w211 territory has been frustrating, enjoyable and expensive - but worth it. My wife however wants the space back on the drive.

I have a nice facelift w211 320 cdi sport that has refurbed wheels, good bodywork and I had just paid for the oil cooler to be replaced and all the gunk cleaned out, swirl flap mod etc. Then engine caught fire. Sounds dramatic but actually not a major thing - just not worth repairing according to the insurance. It fried the wiring loom and shorted the battery. But (see pics) someone who has time and skill could easily make this a good runner again. Will need some parts admittedly but the wheels alone are worth some $$ and the interior is almost perfect, bodywork 7/10 in that there's no horrid rust or scratches - just needs a machine polish and it hey presto.

I'm busy - have a new baby and can't be bothered with endless nonsense phone calls from scrap car dealers - plus it was / could be a sweet car and I figured I'd try on here with people who know what they are looking at and might get her back to speedy luxobarge status.

IMG_8943 (1).jpeg

IMG_8945.jpeg

IMG_8958.jpeg

IMG_8948.jpeg
Both front tyres are ok but rears will need replacing very soon and one has a slow puncture.

Its got 206k on the clock but before the small camping stove fire on the engine - it was running very well. No real history with it - I took a punt and paid £2500, plus then £700 for the cooler, service and deep clean - and have receipts).

Windows are tinted, leather is rip free and clean, and prior to the incident everything electric worked.

Here are some pics of the damage:

IMG_8960.jpeg
IMG_8961.jpeg
IMG_8962.jpeg

Heres a pic of the underneath of the engine cover - the fire was pretty small - mainly airflow and wiring:
IMG_1365.jpeg

IMG_1355.jpeg

Message me if you are interested - happy to jump on a whatsapp call and show you some close ups.

Location - 5 mins from Junction 29 M1, between Mansfield and Chesterfield.

Obviously, it will need towing away.

Last edited:
Hi All,

So my recent foray into w211 territory has been frustrating, enjoyable and expensive - but worth it. My wife however wants the space back on the drive.

I have a nice facelift w211 320 cdi sport that has refurbed wheels, good bodywork and I had just paid for the oil cooler to be replaced and all the gunk cleaned out, swirl flap mod etc. Then engine caught fire. Sounds dramatic but actually not a major thing - just not worth repairing according to the insurance. It fried the wiring loom and shorted the battery. But (see pics) someone who has time and skill could easily make this a good runner again. Will need some parts admittedly but the wheels alone are worth some $$ and the interior is almost perfect, bodywork 7/10 in that there's no horrid rust or scratches - just needs a machine polish and it hey presto.

I'm busy - have a new baby and can't be bothered with endless nonsense phone calls from scrap car dealers - plus it was / could be a sweet car and I figured I'd try on here with people who know what they are looking at and might get her back to speedy luxobarge status.

View attachment 135889

View attachment 135890

View attachment 135891

View attachment 135897
Both front tyres are ok but rears will need replacing very soon and one has a slow puncture.

Its got 206k on the clock but before the small camping stove fire on the engine - it was running very well. No real history with it - I took a punt and paid £2500, plus then £700 for the cooler, service and deep clean - and have receipts).

Windows are tinted, leather is rip free and clean, and prior to the incident everything electric worked.

Here are some pics of the damage:

View attachment 135892
View attachment 135893
View attachment 135894

Heres a pic of the underneath of the engine cover - the fire was pretty small - mainly airflow and wiring:
View attachment 135895

View attachment 135896

Message me if you are interested - happy to jump on a whatsapp call and show you some close ups.

Location - 5 mins from Junction 29 M1, between Mansfield and Chesterfield.

Obviously, it will need towing away.
Just bumping this up, as I would very much like to remain on the receiving end of my wife's affections, and she has not so gently affirmed that she really does not want it on the drive into 2024.
Theres a set of 17" Near perfect alloys with almost new winter tyres as well. So depending on how you look at it, for under £1k you get 2 sets of wheel, one set with great tyres , and a repairable car thrown in for free.

I really don't want this to go sit in a breakers yard, its still too good.

Any W211 aficionados out there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom