• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Change from 245/45/17 to 235/40/18

Hughmaxwell

Car
W212 E350CDI
Hi All....on my 2011 E350 CDI (W212) I have changed from 245/45/17 (E class rims) to 235/40/18 (A class rims) & tyre noise/rolling noise has got much louder.......any thoughts why?

Some tyre compounds and tread are noisier than others. Some tyres even have foam an other features to reduce and tune the sound. Which tyres did you have other before and what are fitted now?

Also are the new wheels genuine Mercedes wheels? Some after market wheels can be very heavy although this usually shows itself with reduced ride comfort rather than more noise.

Less sidewall, are the new tyres in good condition and a decent make..

Some tyre compounds and tread are noisier than others. Some tyres even have foam an other features to reduce and tune the sound. Which tyres did you have other before and what are fitted now?

Also are the new wheels genuine Mercedes wheels? Some after market wheels can be very heavy although this usually shows itself with reduced ride comfort rather than more noise.
Genuine AMG 18inch rims......before had budget 245/45/17 & now Continental Sport Contact 6 & 235/40/18

Genuine AMG 18inch rims......before had budget 245/45/17 & now Continental Sport Contact 6 & 235/40/18
Based upon the average budget tyre and average premium tyre, it seems like it should have become quieter rather than louder.

Based upon the average budget tyre and average premium tyre, it seems like it should have become quieter rather than louder.
That's exactly what I thought.......thought could be rear wheel bearing......but totally co-incided with change of wheel/tyre size??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom