Changing radio in 2012 E350

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Still in my car and the armrest controls work the unit fine and so does the steering wheel controls. Can't remember my password to upload a picture from my phone of the unit. All the original radio controls work as the screen is just a add on and it's a simple plug in affair when installing the screen. I will try and get a picture on as soon as I sorted out my password.

I also heard about ppl saying that they are nothing but trouble but to be honest mine has been great and works with no issues. I have the 10.5 screen in mine and if you look on YouTube there is plenty of info about them. My guess would be that everyone had the old systems and they might have been rubbish but I speak as I find and mine is great.

The Android add on units are supposed be be pretty good as well they plug in between the original radio and use the existing screen you get the full android experience with the use of the standard controls and you can if you wish revert to the factory setup at the click of an option
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Android add on units are supposed be be pretty good as well they plug in between the original radio and use the existing screen you get the full android experience with the use of the standard controls and you can if you wish revert to the factory setup at the click of an option
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Only issue is that the original screen isn't a touchscreen, but that's a small price to pay for keeping the original look and feel.

true but how long do we think it will be before touch screens are banned from use whilst driving

Thanks guys this is good info

does anynody know who can fit and this, ive rang umpteen and i cant find anybody to touch it

i’m in the northwest btw
This should tell you something. ;-)

This should tell you something. ;-)
Its plug and play nothing to fit its more trim removal really, you have already had the radio out the next bit is just as simple

Its plug and play nothing to fit its more trim removal really, you have already had the radio out the next bit is just as simple
I think you missed the point.

The fact that numerous fitters wont touch them has nothing to do with the physical fitting. Thats easy. Its more their participation in the resulting disappointment. They cant all be wrong!

I think you missed the point.

The fact that numerous fitters wont touch them has nothing to do with the physical fitting. Thats easy. Its more their participation in the resulting disappointment. They cant all be wrong!
Hmm ok I have in my previous Navara had a £3.5k system custom fitted based on an Android head unit (well tablet to be honest) with Amps, Subs and custom door builds all running off a Audison Bit one, 2 x Audison Amps for the doors and a monoblock for the Subs approx 2500w of music all running off a Android Google tablet built in to the dash and linked via USB to multiple inputs including wifi and a sat nav aerial, the issue is not the unit its the installers who dont have a clue and just want an easy life, the Android unit shown here on the you tube video is simple, easy and it works via the OE controls, my installer had to build sub boxes for under the rear seats and install amps in the space behind the rear seat but he did it, this plug and play is childs play.

Attachments

• 20151217_110854.jpg
    20151217_110854.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1898.jpeg
    IMG_1898.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom