• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

CL500 C215 2004 Rear control arms advice

Meatfeast

Car
CL500 C215 2004
Hi all.

My beloved CL500 has developed a bad squeak from the rear end of the car, which upon inspection has turned out to be one of the bushes in the rear front off side control arm. Given the position of the arm the only way to replace it is to drop the rear subframe and change the arm out, as the mounting bolts are against the body of the car which means that arm can't be changed in situ.

I'm ok with this but I have decided as the subframe is coming off, I will change out all 4 upper arms (front and rear), along with the subframe bushes.

This is where the fun begins!

I called Mercedes to enquire about OEM replacements - and received a bit of a shock!

Firstly they aren't able to supply the subframe bushes as they are no longer manufactured, secondly they can only supply one control arm for £154.00 plus VAT.

So basically if they could supply everything, I'd be looking at a cost of around £1200.00!!!

So I then turn to non OEM, but this has proven to be even more confusing as I have no idea who makes decent non oem parts, so I could use some advice please?

Looking at the interweb, Meyle and Lemforder seem to come recommended on other non Mercedes forums, BMW especially, but I have also found Febi Bilstein and KGF!

So can anybody provide any advice or information of where I should be going?

Many thanks.

arm.jpg links.jpg

Lemforder make it for MB , here is a bunch of rear end bits I bought very recently for my 2006 C55 AMG . Got nearly all of it (not shown in these photos) for upcoming rear subframe 'refresh' . Febi also make similar , but in my opinion not quite as good quality.

Lemforder 👍

maybe whilst subframe down- redo the brake lines that route above it?
100% and every single else thing under there . I have already done a few bits , but only because circumstance dictated that they had to be done . The plan was to drop the subframe and do it all at once (especially brake lines) but some has already been sorted.

rear shock mounted.jpg cut seal.jpg

brake naked.jpgIMG_1673.JPG

IMG_1694.JPG ETC , ETC , ETC....

Good opportunity to also replace abc struts.
I am replacing the two fronts on mine and the thought occurred to me to replace the rear suspension arms on mine as well. Mercedes seems to be selling an assembly of 6 or so arms for the rear. I didnt dare to ask price

For a car of this age quite often a full aftermarket kit is available , I found the whole lot for my C55 (including a new subframe) on some site based in Germany . I didn't buy it but it was about £700 all in .

Set your VPN to Germany and search away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom