CLA - Shooting Brake vs Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's not a huge battery - allegedly under the passenger seats.

And the fuel tank is small.

any reason why the battery isn't under the rear seats in the Coupe?

any reason why the battery isn't under the rear seats in the Coupe?
I have no idea but a compete guess would be that the roofline means that the rear seats are mounted very low in the Coupe, but in the Shooting Brake they’re mounted a touch higher because the roofline allows.

Have a go at putting child seats in and out of the coupe a few times (hint - need an advanced degree in 3D Tetris). Got properly fed up with that when we had our C-class coupe.

Have a go at putting child seats in and out of the coupe a few times (hint - need an advanced degree in 3D Tetris). Got properly fed up with that when we had our C-class coupe.
I’ve only sat in the back of a CLA Coupe once - and it was a first generation model - and it was a real squeeze getting through the rear door, and I had to sit with my head at an angle.

It’s the only car I’ve ever been in like that, even Peugeot 205 and Vauxhall Nova way back when, but I wasn’t surprised because the roofline is very dramatic for such a small four door car.

For better or worse I’ve decided to plunge ahead with the coupe! Partly swayed by delivery delays announced this morning on both models but likely to get the coupe a tad earlier. Completely take the points on practicality - I think if my kids were much younger and I had to carry a pram then I would definitely be going for the Shooting Brake but since that isn’t the case hopefully I’ll not find it too bad! Famous last words :)

What colour spec are you getting?

to my eyes, the CLA coupe is one of the most elegant and stylish cars MB currently makes
I ended up going for the polar white. I deliberated quite a bit as there are other nice colours but kept on coming back to white because I thought it looked really nice and especially with the pano sunroof (its a prem plus). Also helps that is a no cost paint choice. I went for the two tone interior - black/grey.

What colour spec are you getting?

to my eyes, the CLA coupe is one of the most elegant and stylish cars MB currently makes
The CLA is the 1st car where the exterior looks have influenced me, normally I'm only interested in the drive and the interior. It really is a good looking car though, from the way the front lights look, all the way to the swoop at the back and the shoulders :)

@Markae The Prem plus adds some nice bits, the headlights are very good, and the adaptive highbeam assist seems to work and the leather seats are good, and I've finally got memory seats! No more moaning about having to adjust after a service or when my wife drives! I love the dash :)
I've only driven it 23 miles since I got it though, over a week ago 😭 If not for the lock down, I'd have done over 200. I've spent a lot of time sitting in it though!

I ended up going for the polar white. I deliberated quite a bit as there are other nice colours but kept on coming back to white because I thought it looked really nice and especially with the pano sunroof (its a prem plus). Also helps that is a no cost paint choice. I went for the two tone interior - black/grey.
Good to have some colour in the interior

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom