Cleaning freshly powder coated wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SL03WLY

SUPPORTER
Car
W211 03'
Hi,

I have my wheels refurbished 2 years ago and after a few visits to a local car wash the gloss finish became dull. Now I hope to not have to go through that again.

Any advise please? Would something like iron-x negatively affect powder coated wheels? any recommendations?

Thanks

^^^X2

Can also use softclay bar and then compound, polish and wax coating of your choice, by hand👍

You got car show next week buddy, so not much time left 🙂

After they’ve been refurbished ceramic coat them before fitting them on the car - something like KKD revolve or C5 wheel armour…. Then a jet wash and a spray of a decent non-acidic wheel cleaner is all that is needed.

I’ve got this job to do on mine soon.

A quality dust remover should be fine, as long as you follow the instructions. You could then use an alloy wheel wax to add some shine.
What Chris said.

I've recently had my wheels powder coated and this was the after care recommendation. I also applied "Poorboys wheel sealant" wax as soon as I got home from having them powder coated

IMG_20230415_091219_edit_871607801429.jpg
IMG_20230415_091701.jpg

Agree with above... prep the surface and put some sealant on (CarPro Dlux is my choice), just a jetwash and gentle wash down with a wheel sponge will keep them looking good. Treat them like you do the paintwork.

Depends on how dirty your wheels get in terms of what they need for a regular clean. Usually a wash mitt and normal shampoo should get them clean on a regular basis.

As long as any products are PH neutral you shouldn't get the reaction your wheels can have to the products they use in car washes. Usually acidic and will eat into the finish or any blemishes.

Usually iron fallout removers are PH neutral anyway so every once in a while it's worth using one, brush it in and rinse to give them a deeper clean. Can seal or coat them too. I tend to just spray them over with whatever product using as a last stage on the bodywork. :)

IMG_7361.jpeg Iron fallout remover, whatever make is fine it is neutral chemically but it is very good, it turns rust embedded in paintwork red, yes it’s safe on paint, you can use it as part of decontaminating wash, then wash off, clay bar, polish and wax or ceramic coat.

I love the smell of bilt Hamber wheel cleaner a bit too much. But the reality is most of the time you should only need to put wash the wheels with normal car shampoo unless it has baked in/on dirt.

I love the smell of bilt Hamber wheel cleaner a bit too much. But the reality is most of the time you should only need to put wash the wheels with normal car shampoo unless it has baked in/on dirt.
Bilt hamber wheel cleaner smells just right to me.

AG Magma is passable from a 'whiff' factor.

Did my daughters new to her all white 207 and it turned all the doors purple (forgot to take a photo)
I do all car wings and lower doors once a month with it, including the wheels

Also, i need to have my wheels stripped and dipped.
Will start a new thread ....

Been using trolls breath on mine and they are completely knackered now. All 4 have some form of bubbling or corrosion and can only put it down to that stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom