Cleaning The Engine.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Happy days.

Before and after :)

In my case pressure washing+ the Turtle Wax did 80% of it. The TRF tackled some of the harder to reach areas but having read a bit about it I'm slightly nervous about it and Ringway points out it needs to be washed away quickly!

Attachments

• Engine Bay Before.jpg
    Engine Bay Before.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 68
  • Engine Bay After.jpg
    Engine Bay After.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 68
Happy days.

In my case pressure washing+ the Turtle Wax did 80% of it. The TRF tackled some of the harder to reach areas but having read a bit about it I'm slightly nervous about it and Ringway points out it needs to be washed away quickly!

Looks great. :thumb:

You've lost a label at the front, double side sticky tape it back on if you still have it.

Happy days.

Aah... That's better. :thumb:

The TFR can be left 3-4 minutes to do its work and then be washed away.

A nice improvement there. It's nice to see a clean engine bay.

I hope you enjoyed doing it. :thumb:

Brilliant work there. I would pay you to work your magic on my engine bay!!

You are most welcome to call in.

I wouldn't charge to clean your engine bay and could give you some TFR to take away with you. :thumb:

Aah... That's better. :thumb:

The TFR can be left 3-4 minutes to do its work and then be washed away.

A nice improvement there. It's nice to see a clean engine bay.

I hope you enjoyed doing it. :thumb:

Thanks and, yes, hugely satisfying. I'd been planning to do for a while it but wasn't sure of the best technique and was worried about sticking a pressure washer lance in there. Your post prompted me to JFDI.

Cheers

I do love a good clean engine bay!

Even without TFR, it’s amazing what a blast with jet wash can do (whilst covering delicate items like battery with a carrier).

My way is to jet wash first, then spray a steady mist of G101 on the bay, let it settle for a minute then jet wash that off. Lastly a nice coat of Auto Smart Hi Style.

I do love a good clean engine bay!

Even without TFR, it’s amazing what a blast with jet wash can do (whilst covering delicate items like battery with a carrier).

My way is to jet wash first, then spray a steady mist of G101 on the bay, let it settle for a minute then jet wash that off. Lastly a nice coat of Auto Smart Hi Style.

I had to move the wife's Clio this morning and could resist popping the bonnet. What a state. It's next.

Although I'd better do it when she doesn't need it to go somewhere in a hurry.

The combination of 20 year old French electrics and a pressure washer is not ideal.

You are most welcome to call in.

I wouldn't charge to clean your engine bay and could give you some TFR to take away with you. :thumb:
A kind offer. Thank you. I would of course cover you for your time and effort.
I’m a little scared of using TFR reading all that I have done on here!

Where are you located out of interest?
Also not brave enough to take a jet wash to the engine bay!

Thanks and, yes, hugely satisfying. I'd been planning to do for a while it but wasn't sure of the best technique and was worried about sticking a pressure washer lance in there. Your post prompted me to JFDI.

Cheers

Is that a Nike brand
A kind offer. Thank you. I would of course cover you for your time and effort.
I’m a little scared of using TFR reading all that I have done on here!

Where are you located out of interest?
Also not brave enough to take a jet wash to the engine bay!

I'm in Cheshire. Probably a bit of a trek for you, but if you are ever passing through you are welcome to call in.

I spray on the AG engine cleaner and leave it for 5 mins. Then get the hose with no attachment and gently spray a list mist for lubrication. I then actually wash down the whole area and surrounds as you do the car followed by gently hosing off at a really low pressure, literally just the hose on at a slow regulated flow.

I spray on the AG engine cleaner and leave it for 5 mins. Then get the hose with no attachment and gently spray a list mist for lubrication. I then actually wash down the whole area and surrounds as you do the car followed by gently hosing off at a really low pressure, literally just the hose on at a slow regulated flow.

Looking at the spec sheet for the AG stuff, it seems to carry pretty much the same warnings as TFR. LINK.

However, at least the AG stuff says to wash hands before using the loo! :D

Reactions: HB
I’m not as advanced as you guys but I got some degreaser from Screwfix, diluted a bit in a spray bottle, sprayed it over the dirty bits agitating with a brush, wiped with a cloth, and most of the dirt has gone. Needs a bit more work, but for £8.99 it’s great stuff - removes road dirt in wheel arches and on body, and your missus oven / hob and kitchen will come up new too!

Attachments

• 89CF089B-8E41-442B-B540-1BD3F8D7ABDC.png
    89CF089B-8E41-442B-B540-1BD3F8D7ABDC.png
    384.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 328E64B6-A7F3-4D3B-8A22-BE3E6159C37C.jpeg
    328E64B6-A7F3-4D3B-8A22-BE3E6159C37C.jpeg
    345.3 KB · Views: 30
In the last 35 years or so, I don't think I've ever had a car or van where I haven't cleaned the engine.
It just looks so much better (especially if selling) and makes it easier to spot leaks, etc.
The only casualty I've had, was a 3 year-old 1981 Nissan Bluebird owned by my Mum and it cheered up again after half and hour or so. :D

In what has become a ridiculous and obsessive quest to find seat comfort, a couple of weeks ago, I bought another set of seats that were attached to a Jaguar XJ8 4.2 Sport.

14th-Decenber-2019-Engine-Bay-615.jpg

The car itself is in great condition and has regular main dealer service history.

However, the engine bay was awful. Lots of crud, leaves and even soil in some places.

14th-Decenber-2019-Engine-Bay-603.jpg

14th-Decenber-2019-Engine-Bay-604.jpg

14th-Decenber-2019-Engine-Bay-606.jpg

So, after a wash and tickle, remembering to clean behind the ears, it now looks like this.

14th-Decenber-2019-Engine-Bay-625.jpg

14th-Decenber-2019-Engine-Bay-629.jpg

14th-Decenber-2019-Engine-Bay-636.jpg

14th-Decenber-2019-Engine-Bay-646.jpg

14th-Decenber-2019-Engine-Bay-640.jpg

The results are always pretty much the same, but this one was satisfying because it was in such a mess.

I actually couldn't wait to get my hands on it. :D :D
Top job, mate.
👍🏼

5FCED80A-9C03-40D3-B7FC-AF40F12A2175.jpegDid this a few months ago , no before pics I’m afraid . Used a degreasant and a large brush , the. Snow foamed and jetwashed from a distance . Finished off with ACF50 all over which is why it’s shiny .

Very tidy job. :thumb: :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom