Clk 270 cdi parking sensors not working/removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alf1956

Car
clk270 55 plate diesel
Hello Members
I have a Clk 270 cdi 55 reg. The front and rear parking sensors will not work, they are never on and when i turn them on with the switch on the dash it beeps then turns on and they just have 2 x red lights on them but don't sensor anything and then after 15 seconds or so the sensors turn off. I have tried the WD40 trick by spraying them but they still don't work. I am wondering if a check with the Star diagnostic will either diagnose the fault or hopefully clear it. Can you take the sensors out by removing the trim that appears to clip into the bumper? Any ideas will be great.

Hello Members
I have a Clk 270 cdi 55 reg. The front and rear parking sensors will not work, they are never on and when i turn them on with the switch on the dash it beeps then turns on and they just have 2 x red lights on them but don't sensor anything and then after 15 seconds or so the sensors turn off. I have tried the WD40 trick by spraying them but they still don't work. I am wondering if a check with the Star diagnostic will either diagnose the fault or hopefully clear it. Can you take the sensors out by removing the trim that appears to clip into the bumper? Any ideas will be great.
They should be on by default, the switch is to turn them off.

Star or Icarsoft or any good diagnostic tool will pin point which sensor is faulty.

Get diagnostic done first , best if you buy yourself an Icarsoft for Mercs , and save yourself a few quid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom