CLK 55 W209 - Gearbox Oil Coolant Pipe Bursting Off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

danielfoley2002

Car
B200
Hi All

I have a 2003 Mercedes CLK 55 (W209). I recently had to replace a failed alternator. At the time I wanted to change out the SLAM panel, so, I decided to go the whole hog and lift out the rad / condenser to make the alternator change much easier.

The car has had an unrecorded front end, so, turns out the A/c Condenser was bent in. Anyway - I took out the SLAM Panel, Radiator and Condenser. Changed the alternator and then ordered a new RAD / ac condenser.

With the radiator off - I noticed it was a VALEO - which, presumably is the one susceptible to seal failure (coolant/gearbox) - so decided to replace that whilst it was off.

Went to ECP - brought a HELLA RAD, ended up with a DENSO Radiator? Brought a BEHR condenser.

Fitted it all back together. Plumbed everything in. The coolant leaked out the bottom feed in - the rubber O RING looks to be damaged - can anyone advise on where I can get the exact O RING I need? ebay? if so what part number.

My main issue is the OIL Cooler pipes. I plumbed them in, clipped in solid and made sure they were fitted properly.

Started the car and within seconds BANG. Top oil coolant feed pipe bursts off? Done this twice? it's like it gets under some serious pressure?

Am I missing something? Do I need to disconnect the bottom return feed pipe, allow oil to run through and connect to stop AIR pressure? is it trying to force air through?

This is the offending pipe!
_o6vsiDl0zNcbddbsxipoKbuFw6wksKd54CMHkBkFPniaQIkWDlL04dno7dEit-odTE5O5CoeT2uWhzf65R1vzK0nvPmWaIl8dC-PiDOvT93DQjddcrO7pqo5vZCHFmpRwLjOlzQPYGddqciL164EEOzTgLhCWpSlW_h0a1p1sLsYhhc0bmXvRe4qmYMFPet_6ynepYnVBFHrZWANk3Mcj_Td2cNfHjtrkjVpDGmkQSKX0a6d9PiqeTHaVDxBgbVAfcPaObII-CS5w4DuxQX39Yl4knyATUCgSy2s8FUjNFtaGVXAGDZPhs6jsG-S6lPL2CJGriR5ICwVe2OdUJTZIjqwn4u-VHFLlyjTS3mFJvk9VjCL8qY6e6C_F_iUgfWWkKk-_o3aTuZ0nKScgyiZM2DLXZ4EQvFw4QJxoqjvVm9gOaoUWQjPLnQs4Dl_quUiqRfvwDolSwE1a1ERotAx8X439Gx0Gfgr78mT1Lk22ZfqLWb4XFOs0L1Q8tjeuK0a32zvOY2MwR63XZ959NIK0CTofI7wptLqZZHQ-zQm7i14qnKXNTFeXdSnLBJ1X0cyoRp_w8QiLZ0SKn_bLD7DcNKhWBQaAXx_e36YrY9_UcmRCYWvIwvYMjBe5gfqvPY13fjoxms5bZAug2QugtMJRNfpmBVsLyBVE3KQWF4NXMxjiT6NihxYnljtMIQ-Q=w1250-h938-no

Here is the new RAD / CONDENSER >

90631930_10158485933572868_6874982987117625344_n.jpg

I am assuming as my CLK was an early 03 with a VALEO that I did the right thing getting rid of the rad?

We have had this. We had to replace the pipes on one car and the radiator on another. The new radiator connections were poorly made. Bought genuine MB in the end.

We have had this. We had to replace the pipes on one car and the radiator on another. The new radiator connections were poorly made. Bought genuine MB in the end.
ARRRRGH F**** Euro Car Parts.

Seriously is everything that comes out of that place crap?

I don't get it - the radiator is DENSO? I thought they were a good make? I specifically didn't cheap out on the rad? how are they selling these things if they don't work?

Most of the denso stuff is fine.

Buy genuine rads, pipes and seals. Saves a lot of grief.

ARRRRGH F**** Euro Car Parts.

Seriously is everything that comes out of that place crap?

I don't get it - the radiator is DENSO? I thought they were a good make? I specifically didn't cheap out on the rad? how are they selling these things if they don't work?

Pretty much, Problem you have quite a few people rebox there products, There returns people are very poor at checking.

The pipes do have to be pushed in all the way, sometimes they can look like there in properly but are not. Also make sure the new rads come with new clips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom