• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

CLK vacuum breather hose change A271 018 1282

W1ghty

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320cdi and CLK200
This had been on my list for a while as a known M271 engine issue . The hose splits and puts the car into limp mode .
I had been waiting for some decent weather to attempt the job . The hose I bought some months ago .

It’s a fiddly Job and you need to make sure you have the correct tools to make it possible/easier .

It was a case of disconnect battery negative lead , remove the airbox/MAF which are connected together .

There is a pre sprung clip under the rear of the airbox whose removal is made a lot easier with the red handled clamp thingy tool in the pictures . The tool allows you to open the clip and keep it open while you do the airbox removal and refit . I had a problem first because the clip was not quite in the best position for the clamp to fit over it , after trying loads of things , I finally got a 3 ft piece of 15mm copper pipe and managed to push the clip round slightly so the clamp could fit on it . There is a picture that shows the end of the clamp on the clip below the cloth which is stuffed in the induction hose .

The ecu on the side of the airbox all needs unplugging as well .

The two bolts at the back of the airbox that hold it down are torx , but one of them has a circular plastic tube above it so there was no way my 3/8” torx socket was going through there . Fortunately YouTube man had suggested that an 8mm long 1/4 socket would fit and do the job .
The actual hose was a doddle to remove after popping the clip-r clip off it , the hose just pulled off . Getting the new one on was fiddly but ok with some 11” long needle nose pliers (I’ve just ordered some more with a bend in as well ) . I used a jubilee clip instead of the original clip-r (there was no way I could get that on again in that space) The picture with the brass coloured stud on the side of the engine shows the lack of space available.

The old hose was in ok condition, bit of swelling at one end , so if you have a 2009 car like mine there is probably no immediate hurry ?

For a £10 piece of hose , I’ve hopefully dealt with one of the M271 known issues

1C6028EF-5B11-44B8-B031-59880D3D05A7.jpegC3536D3F-7508-41AC-A1C2-1A15E09180EA.jpeg
95196DFE-2225-4828-93A4-10B7E038E0F8.jpeg1D07A1C8-E7A4-4742-94F1-C5E39A22EA1A.jpeg

Thanks for a good write-up W1ghty.
When Rodley Motors did my recent timing chain / gear / etc refit, I asked him to have a long look at the hose while the air-box was out.
Also the hidden vac pipe under there.
Anything that wasn't perfect - I said - Change it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom