CLK55 AMG M113 engine leak //oil pressure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well done getting that out. When my Indy got involved in this job on my car he said it was very rare to see.

Hi
If you're oil pressure is higher than those stated is not an issue, as long as it is greater than the stated figure hence the use of ">" symbol.
The rear crank seal is very common issue for the 113, did you do the job yourself? Was the modified seal and seal housing/casing used? Or just the seal itself?
Mine was done and starting leaking again within 6-8 months and was picked up in a service by the same mechanic and he replaced it again FOC this time using the modified seal arrangement 3 years later no leak.
can you let us know who was that mechanic please if we can use his service?)

Have you tried miracle gasket softener Omega 917
This seal saver is really good!

It works if your crank seal or oil cooler gaskets are not too worn, it will keep them lubricated and soft:thumb::rock:

My 113k has had both valve cover and breather leaks. They do drip into unexpected places.

So I think I dodged a bullet.........🤷🏽🤷🏽🤷🏽🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈
I know this is an old thread, but I have the same issue with my 55. Can you confirm that that socket is welded to the plug? This was the method I was thinking about using.
Cheers Edd

It looks like Irish on post #20 did weld the socket on to get the plug out. I did not ask my indy what method he used but he did say it was a swine of a job.

As I said he also said it was rare to see but we are seeing more of it on here. I guess it's just that al M113(K)'s are just getting to a 'certain age' and we can expect more things to pop up over the passage of time.

I know this is an old thread, but I have the same issue with my 55. Can you confirm that that socket is welded to the plug? This was the method I was thinking about using.
Cheers Edd
thought you had tried that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom