CLS 219 few electrical issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I just thought that it should lock itself even if the door were opened ;)

I expect its just in case the unlock button on the fob gets pressed by accident after you have locked it. I am sure we have all had the key in our pocket whilst washing the car and heard it lock or unlock as we crouch down to do the wheels

I have a superb 2013 CLS350 Shooting Brake, 50k miles FMB history. I was driving on a dual carriageway and the engine started hunting for fuel, then stopped, and refused to restart. Under normal circumstances I would have figured it was my fault, fair enough. However the fuel gauge said almost a quarter tank and the computer said 100 miles. The AA got me home after a fashion but that was another story for another time.
Once home and the battery recharged and a gallon of diesel added it started and ran perfectly. Total fuel added from incident about 65/66 litres to full.
Having puzzled for some time, the only explanation I can figure, which I really would like some opinions on, is that though the spec says it has an enlarged tank (80 litres) and the car is set up for an enlarged tank. the car has in fact got the standard tank of 66 litres.
Is this at all possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom