• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

COMAND - blank white screen. Ribbon cable

CrispinHoldsworth

Car
A180 W169
We've recently picked up a 2009 W169. From looking at posts here it seems to have a COMAND NTG 2.5 installed, however this just displays a blank white screen when turned on, with occasional grey lines and very occaisonally you can make out small elements of what should be displayed, i.e the time in the corner but transposed.

This was a known fault when purchasing the car. The unit otherwise seems to function fine, the radio works, it plays CDs and after some trial and error I even got the AUX function working which is great as I tend to run music and navigation from my phone anyway.

That being said, it'd be nice to get sorted and my hunch is the ribbon cable to the LCD has become dislodged. Ideally it'll just need to be reseated and will all work again without much hassle.

Before doing this I just thought I'd check if anyone else has had this issue or if there is anything I might need to consider such as having to enter security codes if it looses power or removing fuses etc?

IMG20221219150458 (1).jpgIMG20221219152751.jpg

Thanks in advance, Crispin.

Ive only seen this when the LCD fails, and thus I've replaced the whole LCD

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom