• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Comand Online - No Internet

MattyBoyR

Car
2017 A Class
Hi Boys and Girls, first time poster here...

A few weeks ago I noticed (I say noticed because it could have been going on for longer, I just don't use it much) issues connecting to the internet through the Comand Online system. When I try and connect, it appears to be connecting, slowly as always, but then I get a "Internet connection is temporarily unavailable" error.

The vehicle is a W176 2017 A Class running I believe Comand NTG4.7(??) and I'm trying to connect with an iPhone. Bluetooth connection is fine (phone, media streaming etc), just no internet. As I say I don't use it a lot, but it's handy to be able to send locations to the SatNav from my phone.

I found a similar post from someone who appears to be having the same issue, but no solution other than the bluedun app, which I don't use.

For info I'll also attach a few pics of the errors I'm getting.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_3461.jpg
    IMG_3461.jpg
    566.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3463.jpg
    IMG_3463.jpg
    476.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3464.jpg
    IMG_3464.jpg
    507.3 KB · Views: 12
1. I was me:

2. Your COMAMD is NTG5*X (not NTG4.5/4.7), and it does work with iPhone.

3. I guess we just wait for MB to fix the issue their end....

Thanks for your replies.

Yes, I was going to say it certainly 'should' work with Apple, as it has done for the past 3 years.

And great... well at least I can stop messing about with it then, if it's Mercedes issues

My car is an E350 S212 (2016) I used to be able to use internet with my iphone xs using it as hotspot, I now get the same message as op.

I’m not that bothered as I rarely use the facility.

Robin

On my wife's 2017 A class, in order to use internet functions I have to enable Bluetooth tethering on my Android phone.

The Internet connection on my car was working fine this morning, after being down for the past two weeks. Haven't tried it again since this morning, so it may still be working fine, or it may have gone down again... no idea.

The Internet connection on my car was working fine this morning, after being down for the past two weeks. Haven't tried it again since this morning, so it may still be working fine, or it may have gone down again... no idea.

...it is no longer working for me either - looks like it has gone down again.

After seeing the threads on here, went out and tried to connect to t'internet on ours today (COMAND NTG5*2 I think). Doesn't work... Quite annoying if MB are arbitrarily removing functionality from our car, when it was included as part of the 'deal'. I hope they restore the connectivity asap.

After seeing the threads on here, went out and tried to connect to t'internet on ours today (COMAND NTG5*2 I think). Doesn't work... Quite annoying if MB are arbitrarily removing functionality from our car, when it was included as part of the 'deal'. I hope they restore the connectivity asap.
Just found this thread on SLKworld:

Looks like this functionality has been permanently 'sundowned' by MB AG.
Even though we didn't make much use of the internet browser, simply turning it off is quite sh!tty by MB. Not impressed. ☹️

I used the weather app on my car yesterday, so i would assume internet still working ok.
Will try browser tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom