Command online-how to connect

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a brand new Android phone, and still it only connects every now and then.....

Continuing off-topic here. A pity if it did not work well even with a new Android phone. I just learned that the couple of latest Mercedes Me app releases fail almost completely when trying to receive info from the car but this is only with Android 7 and 8. Haven't tested 9 but 10 and 11 are fine. I was told the app support is looking at the issue but I wouldn't count on a fix for this old phone (currently the oldest Android release that the app was supposed to work with).

Not sure if anyone should use Android 7 like I do, probably lacks many essential security features.

Continuing off-topic here. A pity if it did not work well even with a new Android phone. I just learned that the couple of latest Mercedes Me app releases fail almost completely when trying to receive info from the car but this is only with Android 7 and 8. Haven't tested 9 but 10 and 11 are fine. I was told the app support is looking at the issue but I wouldn't count on a fix for this old phone (currently the oldest Android release that the app was supposed to work with).

Not sure if anyone should use Android 7 like I do, probably lacks many essential security features.
I have had a similar problem with my E400d (2020) which can receive satnav data but won’t allow me to connect any device from any manufacturer to the Vodafone network; the car just can’t seem to connect to the network even though it can create a hotspot. Had the car in to Mercedes who could not find an electronic fault and Vodafone can’t find a problem at their end. I suspect it’s all software issues as there are not really any other things it could be. I thought the Mercedes-me app was quite good when I got the car but now it’s if no use whatsoever

I have had a similar problem with my E400d (2020) which can receive satnav data but won’t allow me to connect any device from any manufacturer to the Vodafone network; the car just can’t seem to connect to the network even though it can create a hotspot. Had the car in to Mercedes who could not find an electronic fault and Vodafone can’t find a problem at their end. I suspect it’s all software issues as there are not really any other things it could be. I thought the Mercedes-me app was quite good when I got the car but now it’s if no use whatsoever
The Android 7 and 8 issues have not been fixed with an app update. The internet data service (browsing and hotspot etc.) is something different. Discussed a lot on US forums where it is related to the change from AWS to T-mobile (if I remember right). Some cars had a modem that didn't work, not sure if their basic Mercedes Me services worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom