Command Unit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fd3220

Car
2004 SLK 350, 2002 ST1300 PAN EUROPEAN, 2009 XT660X SUPERMOTAD, 1976 RD400DX, 1976 CB400/4
Hi all in MBClub, I'm new to this so sorry in advance if I get things wrong !
I have a 2004 SLK350 which has the Audio Unit fitted. My question is, is it an easy retro fit to replace the Audio Unit with a Command unit and if so which Command Unit is required for this vehicle (ie:- Mercedes Benz COMMAND unit A2118204197). any guidance or information would be much appreciated. P.S. I'm UK based.

:thumb: Cheers, will give it a coat of looking at.

Hi. What features are you interested in to fit COMAND?

I think 2004 will be ntg1

Unless it's a restoration project... in terms of cost vs functionality, I am not sure if it's worth retrofitting NTG2. I would look at after-market alternatives? This way you'll get Bluetooth and more modern Navigation.

Hi. What features are you interested in to fit COMAND?
Thanks for reply, was thinking of just the usual that the COMAND provides but had an interesting post suggesting an after market alternative
with increased functions and more modern Sat Nav screen. But still thinking of all options. Cheers

Unless it's a restoration project... in terms of cost vs functionality, I am not sure if it's worth retrofitting NTG2. I would look at after-market alternatives? This way you'll get Bluetooth and more modern Navigation.
Interesting thought thanks.

Thanks for reply, was thinking of just the usual that the COMAND provides but had an interesting post suggesting an after market alternative
with increased functions and more modern Sat Nav screen. But still thinking of all options. Cheers

I originally went from audio 10 to COMAND but soon realised that it was pretty much useless so went to an Android unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom