Continentals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hamishmoon

Car
SL 350, Suzuki GSXR 1000 K4
After reading the other thread by Zooman, what is all your thoughts on the tyres that come as standard on my CLK Continentals conti sport 2 I think.

Ive got them on my c class too.

They seem grippy enough in the wet and dry.

Tires are a personal thing. I've got continentals Contisport contact (not 2's) on my C230K . They are hard, relatively noisy but mine last and last for ages and ages. I got 45,000 miles before the garage told me they needed changing. I am obviously not a 'Graham C230K' type driver! Purely from the economy, they're okay. A new set last year cost me £520 all in on 17" amg alloys staggered setup 225/45/17 and 245/40/17 if I remember correctly. This works out at £12 per 1,000 miles.
Les

I put them on my Cerbera last change good tyres although I’m putting Toyo R888 next time more for track days then roads plus they will look the bogs bollocks.

Incidentally my wife is happy with the tyres she got on her clk I’ll see what they are when she gets home, I’ve only been in the car 4 times and only drove it once so I can not really comment what they are like on the clk.

I have them on the front of the E55, but have Avon's on the rear.

I have got conti sport 2s on at the moment and I have managed 20K of hard bendy road driving so far :) I like the grip, and noise is no worse than anything else I have had :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom