• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

convertible roof

rustynut61

Car
clk200K
Hello, can anyone help, I have a 2009 immaculate CLK 200 convertible, the roof started leaking yesterday, to the point torrents of water were coming in through the drivers side where it meets the windscreen, i was soaked.
Does this mean the waterproofing has gone, or the rubber seals have failed?, I haven't a clue, I am disabled and live in Send Near Woking, does anyone have advice or suggestions please, Thanks Robert

if you have "torrents" of water coming in it is unlikely to be the waterproofing of the canvas, more likely the seal across the top of the windscreen, if it suddenly started yesterday then look for maybe a small stone or piece of gravel lodged in the seal (letting the rain through) also check the catch is latching properly. I would raise and lower it with the engine running in case your battery is not quite giving enough "oompf"
Also run your fingers along the seal to see if anything is wedged in or not sitting quite right

Then try the hose test to see if you can pin the place where the water is coming in

kc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom