Covid-19 Discussion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a moment too soon IMO.
If you can't wear a mask, don't go out. Get a delivery or someone to shop for you. Simples!
I'd be happy to see mask wearing compulsory when outside too. That will sort out the ones who think masks don't apply to them.

Are you colour blind or just need to go to specsavers , that red line is above the November figure for every previous year.
Indeed it is. Now following the PHE statement (see below) that there were no significant excess deaths up to the 31st December where do you think the red (looks orange to me) line is? Now add 2 thousand on for the first 10 days in January and you have an idea where the line now is (all cause deaths excepted).

https://assets.publishing.service.g.../file/948526/Weekly_report_mortality__w53.pdf

If you can't wear a mask, don't go out. Get a delivery or someone to shop for you. Simples!
I'd be happy to see mask wearing compulsory when outside too. That will sort out the ones who think masks don't apply to them.

Will be interesting to see how many that were medically exempt from wearing a mask are miraculously now able to wear one after all... For those that genuinely cannot wear a mask, this is another thing for them to endure, not good I guess.

Id say its around 10-15% of people I see in Tescos each week dont have one.

Generally the chavvy sort who clearly known better than everyone else.

Will be interesting to see how many that were medically exempt from wearing a mask are miraculously now able to wear one after all... For those that genuinely cannot wear a mask, this is another thing for them to endure, not good I guess.
I don't have a problem with those that are genuinely medically exempt. But there are far too many just ignoring the rule.
I know if I had medical problems that prevented me wearing a mask I wouldn't be out shopping.
Id say its around 10-15% of people I see in Tescos each week dont have one.

Generally the chavvy sort who clearly known better than everyone else.
My wife see's this every time she goes to work in Waitrose. They still don't/won't enforce mask wearing which further endangers staff.

I don't have a problem with those that are genuinely medically exempt. But there are far too many just ignoring the rule.
I know if I had medical problems that prevented me wearing a mask I wouldn't be out shopping.

My wife see's this every time she goes to work in Waitrose. They still don't/won't enforce mask wearing which further endangers staff.
Agree.

How is it possible to be exempt from wearing masks? There can't be that many people?

Personally I hate wearing a mask and take it off ASAP(I always wear one where required), and I would be totally against wearing one outdoors. To me that would be the end of life as I know it, a total loss of freedom.

Not a clue. Alloy framed disc hybrid. Specialized probably.

So if you don't know what it is how do you know it's .... sh?t?

How is it possible to be exempt from wearing masks? There can't be that many people?

Personally I hate wearing a mask and take it off ASAP(I always wear one where required), and I would be totally against wearing one outdoors. To me that would be the end of life as I know it, a total loss of freedom.
Plenty of Asthma sufferers and other lung diseases that are exempt.
How is asking people to wear a mask outdoors whilst in lockdown a "total loss of freedom"? It's not like its forever!
Isn't it more important to prevent transmission of Covid?

So if you don't know what it is how do you know it's .... sh?t?
All proper cyclists are bike snobs. Me included. That is why i ride a Nicolai mtb with a Rohloff Speedhub. Does not get any better than that imho and everything without a Rohloff Speedhub to me is S**t.:thumb:

Plenty of Asthma sufferers and other lung diseases that are exempt.
How is asking people to wear a mask outdoors whilst in lockdown a "total loss of freedom"? It's not like its forever!
Isn't it more important to prevent transmission of Covid?

What is outdoors? Washing my car? Walking down a country lane? Riding my bike?
Some areas I can see this being acceptable, in cities and towns POSSIBLY, but other times and places no.

I'm all for preventing covid but you do not need to go to extreme measures.

And yes having a mask over my face I feel is a loss of my freedom..... I don't even like wearing socks!

I do follow the rules, I travel on flights for work so I do wear a mask for hours and hours at a time, but a lot of the time it's unnecessary, sat in an airport with no one within 20 meters of you but having to wear a mask for example.

All proper cyclists are bike snobs. Me included. That is why i ride a Nicolai mtb with a Rohloff Speedhub. Does not get any better than that imho and everything without a Rohloff Speedhub to me is S**t.:thumb:

Anything with gears is sh!t 😁

All proper cyclists are bike snobs. Me included. That is why i ride a Nicolai mtb with a Rohloff speedhub. Does not get any better than that imho and everything without a Rohloff Speedhub to me is S**t.
A proper cyclist would have used the term 'BSO'.

So I suspect that means you're actually human - much like the rest of us.

Yep one cog at the back is the way to go (unless you have a flip flop hub or a Rohloff).:rock:

One at the back one at the front.
Flip flop hubs/cassette freewheels and tiny chain rings are for folk who grind on the right side 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom