• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

CV Boot and Anti-roll bar linkage replacement

JacksonT

Car
Mercedes B
I just had a recent mot on my W245 B180 CVT Petrol. I received two 'Repair as soon as possible (minor defects)':

1. Nearside Front Outer Drive shaft joint constant velocity boot severely deteriorated (6.1.7 (g) (i))
  2. Nearside Front Anti-roll bar linkage ball joint dust cover severely deteriorated (5.3.4 (b) (i)
From Eurocarparts, I can get GKN CV Boot and Moog Anti-Roll Bar Link for a reasonable price. I heard these are very good brands.
Are these good brands to go for those two issues?

I could save a bit more money and buy SKF/Febi Bilstein CV Boot and SKF/Febi Bilstein Anti-roll bar linkage from autodoc and could save around £30.

Any advice on what I should do?

I will be replacing them as a pair.

I just had a recent mot on my W245 B180 CVT Petrol. I received two 'Repair as soon as possible (minor defects)':

1. Nearside Front Outer Drive shaft joint constant velocity boot severely deteriorated (6.1.7 (g) (i))
  2. Nearside Front Anti-roll bar linkage ball joint dust cover severely deteriorated (5.3.4 (b) (i)
From Eurocarparts, I can get GKN CV Boot and Moog Anti-Roll Bar Link for a reasonable price. I heard these are very good brands.
Are these good brands to go for those two issues?

I could save a bit more money and buy SKF/Febi Bilstein CV Boot and SKF/Febi Bilstein Anti-roll bar linkage from autodoc and could save around £30.

Any advice on what I should do?

I will be replacing them as a pair.
I use Autodoc all the time , but you will pay a few quid delivery and probably an 8 day wait for delivery . Just in case time matters ?

Have you asked Mercedes for prices?

I use Autodoc all the time , but you will pay a few quid delivery and probably an 8 day wait for delivery . Just in case time matters ?
I have used autodoc before. I had to wait for two weeks for the parts to arrive. I want to get this done asap before things get worse.

Have you asked Mercedes for prices?
From my experience, they are always expensive. Recently I needed a wiper washer motor. Mercedes wanted £35. Autodoc, £7 for the Febi Bilstein, and £8 for delivery.

From my experience, they are always expensive. Recently I needed a wiper washer motor. Mercedes wanted £35. Autodoc, £7 for the Febi Bilstein, and £8 for delivery.
From my experience some parts are very competitive. You don't know until you ask!

MB engine mounts plus a gearbox mount totaled £234 a couple of years ago.

Suspension springs for my E320 Sport where under £60 from MB

MB Newcastle have an eBay shop and often have good deals on service parts 👍

From my experience some parts are very competitive. You don't know until you ask!

True, I will give them a ring. The car needs to go into the workshop today. Spoke to my local garage, and they will replace the CV boot with a Delphi and Anti-roll bar linkage with a Starline. Correct me, Delphi should be good, but Starline will probably isn't that good from my knowledge.

True, I will give them a ring. The car needs to go into the workshop today. Spoke to my local garage, and they will replace the CV boot with a Delphi and Anti-roll bar linkage with a Starline. Correct me, Delphi should be good, but Starline will probably isn't that good from my knowledge.
Starline wouldn't fill me with confidence but I could be wrong 👍

What about our friend Steve? :)

Indeed. Thanks for the reminder!
Steve Jenkins at MB Edinburgh parts Dept is a very helpful chap.

[email protected]
Thank you.

I also have a monitor and repair if necessary (advisories): 'Slight knocking from steering when rocked'. This could be anything. But I hope it is something to do with the anti-roll bar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom