DAB A Class 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin

Car
2016 A Class 180D
Recently purchased a 2nd hand 2016 A Class and going from my old Ford (2011) to my new car thought it a bit odd it not having DAB,

Any ideas on the best solution apart from linking my phone and playing it through the app?

lee

A-Class is the bottom model of Mercedes range, the Focus is Fords biggest seller.

Please post in correct section, moving.

Reactions: 219
Solution = change car to one that has the spec that meets your needs...

Welcome.

Talk to forum sponsors www.comandonline.co.uk, they will have a range of options for you.

A-Class is the bottom model of Mercedes range, the Focus is Fords biggest seller.

Please post in correct section, moving.
A Class may actually be MB's biggest seller too ? I don't know , but just about every other car I see on the road is one - even more prolific than Beetles were back in the 60s and 70s .

A Class may actually be MB's biggest seller too ? I don't know , but just about every other car I see on the road is one - even more prolific than Beetles were back in the 60s and 70s .
A class was the 5th best selling car 2019. Not sure what qualifies as a ‘bottom model’ car. Some of the the spec / interiors in these bottom model cars are better (subjective) than some of the ‘top model ‘ cars from MB. :dk:

Reactions: 219
A class was the 5th best selling car 2019. Not sure what qualifies as a ‘bottom model’ car. Some of the the spec / interiors in these bottom model cars are better (subjective) than some of the ‘top model ‘ cars from MB. :dk:
So fifth overall ( in the UK ) but indeed best selling model from MB .

Of course , this year is anything but typical

This is common across all marques... inconsistent options for the trim level. The marketing department adding a few 'high-end' options as standard to an otherwise poverty-spec trim level, so that the brochures can feature these options in prominent position (the word 'boasting' is often used), and so yes the car gets a 'satnav' and 'bluetooth' or what-have-you as standard for the trim level, but what they don't tell the victims, sorry, customers, is that they will also get manual roll-up/roll-down windows, drum brakes all around, and mechanical indicators..........

Only last week I bought a Nextbase DAB 250 & fitted it into my late 2013 A class.
I removed the display screen & glove box (look on youtube for instructions) & fed the supply cables through the hole in display screen bracket & out into the glove box area & connected the Nextbase hardwire kit to the cig lighter fuse. the antenna cable was fed up & behind the passenger A pillar as per Nextbase instructions. The unit worked as describe & tuned itself into a vacant fm slot & I was easily able to tune into DAB stations. cost was IRO £50. Photos to follow.

Only last week I bought a Nextbase DAB 250 & fitted it into my late 2013 A class.
I removed the display screen & glove box (look on youtube for instructions) & fed the supply cables through the hole in display screen bracket & out into the glove box area & connected the Nextbase hardwire kit to the cig lighter fuse. the antenna cable was fed up & behind the passenger A pillar as per Nextbase instructions. The unit worked as describe & tuned itself into a vacant fm slot & I was easily able to tune into DAB stations. cost was IRO £50. Photos to follow.
Looking forward to the photos 👍

Sorry Guys thought I included the photos, must be those grey cells failing again

Attachments

• DSCN1735-min.JPG
    DSCN1735-min.JPG
    929.1 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCN1968-min.JPG
    DSCN1968-min.JPG
    511.1 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCN1969-min.JPG
    DSCN1969-min.JPG
    744.6 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCN1970-min.JPG
    DSCN1970-min.JPG