Dashboard buttons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blubber

Hi, I am looking to buy an e class saloon with self park and adaptive cruise control, I know the buttons are located on the right of the steering wheel but not sure what buttons do what, I have seen some with just a p symbol, a steering wheel symbol and finally a car in between two lines,

“P” when it finds a parking space with a arrow left or right on the dash. When it comes up stop put it in reverse click OK. And you throttle but take it easy.

On mine you have to let it know if you want the right hand side by using indicators otherwise it assumes the left side.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes opps forgot that part

Hi, I am looking to buy an e class saloon with self park and adaptive cruise control, I know the buttons are located on the right of the steering wheel but not sure what buttons do what, I have seen some with just a p symbol, a steering wheel symbol and finally a car in between two lines,
I think the OP was referring to the buttons on the right by the light switch, not the ‘P’ display on the dash.

Mine is a different car but here is a list of the buttons which are options on the GLC:
“Control panel for:
- Activating Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC with Active Steering Assist
- Activating Active Lane Keeping Assist
- Deactivating Parking Assist PARKTRONIC
- Switching on the 360° Camera”

Oh it might be the parking light left or right ??

Oh it might be the parking light left or right ??

Hello

P allows the car to search for parking space

Steering wheel is for the adaptive cruise control and “self-driving” (if you have the driving assistance pack.

Car between two lines is for adaptive cruise control.

the driving assistance pack is excellent and I’d recommend it for motorway journeys.

thanks

Yes all them are great especially when it tells you stop for coffee ☕️ lol

The adaptive cruise control is on a stalk on the left of the steering - it is the same cruise control on all MB. To set it us as active (and most other stuff) you use the display on the dash and steering wheel arrows and OK before driving the car.

Park Assist seems to vary from car to car - some cars you need to indicate others not.

89dba000363b41069020474196196d24.jpg

i mean these buttons just to the right of the steering wheel on the dash

89dba000363b41069020474196196d24.jpg

i mean these buttons just to the right of the steering wheel on the dash
That’s what I was referring to in post #5. Steering wheel is Activating Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC with Active Steering Assist, car with two lines is Activating Active Lane Keeping Assist and OFF P is Deactivating Parking Assist PARKTRONIC. The one for 360° Camera is a camera symbol.

thank you, so does that mean if they do not have the p button it does not self park?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom