• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Dashcam hardwiring

Riva811

MB Enthusiast
Car
CL500 Blueefficiency
My dashcam came with this hardwiring kit that looks like something that can go to a fuse box (ground, ignition,battery). I will run the cable through the passenger side trim to the fuse box but i am wondering where in the fuse box do i connect it to?
20240627_132423.JPG

They look like fuse taps. Find an ignition switched circuit and pull the fuse then fit the fuse tap and put the fuse back in the top of the fuse tap. Second look and I dont think they are fuse taps ?

H
They look like fuse taps. Find an ignition switched circuit and pull the fuse then fit the fuse tap and put the fuse back in the top of the fuse tap. Second look and I dont think they are fuse taps ?
thanks how do i distinguish a battery from a ignition fuse slot?

H

thanks how do i distinguish a battery from a ignition fuse slot?
You'll need a multimeter or test light to find a slot that is switched with the ignition and one that is a permanent live.However be aware that with MB's and others, some circuits remain active for an amount of time and then switch themselves off, which makes finding the relevant circuit a bit of a pain. What car are we talking about? Maybe someone on here has already done it and can point you at the correct fuse numbers.

You'll need a multimeter or test light to find a slot that is switched with the ignition and one that is a permanent live.However be aware that with MB's and others, some circuits remain active for an amount of time and then switch themselves off, which makes finding the relevant circuit a bit of a pain. What car are we talking about? Maybe someone on here has already done it and can point you at the correct fuse numbers.
CL500 BlueEfficiency. I found some diagrams but they only mention whats connected

I looked at this yesterday, anything free on the left and right fuse boxes of the dash appears to have a 15V supply at all times. The camera did power up when both pins were slotted in, otherwise, it remains in sleep mode. It suggests it will cut off power at 12V to prevent drain but I remain skeptical. Would a smart wiring kit be safer?

Looks like an earth , permanent live and switched live you have there .

All installed, seems to have went to parking mode as soon as power dropped to 12V.Will see if the better is dead tonight 😂1000008476.png

I wouldn't worry too much about it; I've got Blackvue cameras fitted which also have onboard battery sensing circuitry and they work perfectly. 2 years in and no flat batteries.

I am three years in with a Blackvue and can't fault it. My previous Nextbase was pure junk, Vodafone have stopped suporting cloud access for Blackvue from August 1st so I have a Smarty Mobile SIM ready to install to continue the cloud access.

I am three years in with a Blackvue and can't fault it. My previous Nextbase was pure junk, Vodafone have stopped suporting cloud access for Blackvue from August 1st so I have a Smarty Mobile SIM ready to install to continue the cloud access.
I sponsored Dride many years ago, they only delivered last year. Managed to set it up yesterday :D
It takes a SIM and goes into parking mode with collission detection. You can access the device remotely. apart from running hot i cant fault it. I did reduce the resolution from 4K to 1080p to reduce temperature but it didnt make a massive difference. Waiting for the rear one to arrive soon as well.

All of the sudden my neighbours respect the space around my car when they park. miracle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom