Dealer not paying up for part exchange

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So I got a copy of the transfer receipt and in fairness - it is actually indeed their bank delaying it and website of said bank confirms that this is their practice with large transfer.

So money IS on the way - just their bank stalling ...

And no I am not responding to some messages here clearly trying to tick me off - some guys here are really like users on some 1990s Linux forums responding to someone asking what a kernel is lol ....
What’s a kernel?

So I got a copy of the transfer receipt and in fairness - it is actually indeed their bank delaying it and website of said bank confirms that this is their practice with large transfer.
In a car dealers line of business - especially one in the business of buying/selling almost new E63s - transferring money of this amount (to pay for a a car bought for stock or an upside down PX like this) is surely a common occurrence. Unless the bank has recently introduced this practice then the dealer should have seen it coming.

In a car dealers line of business - especially one in the business of buying/selling almost new E63s - transferring money of this amount (to pay for a a car bought for stock or an upside down PX like this) is surely a common occurrence. Unless the bank has recently introduced this practice then the dealer should have seen it coming.

Yea - well it is what it is now ... But you say you were shocked - Mercedes offered just over £50k for it ... That's a drop after close to three years of what, £55k from new ? I think whilst the used car market somewhat booms right now due to the lack of material and whatnot - the other issue is petrol prices I think ...

Anyway, I am getting 46mpg out of the 'new' one rather than 10-13mpg ... that by itself is weird not having to go to the petrol station every three days. But I am not finished with AMG yet ... Next AMG won't be a daily and will be an S63 Coupe .... :)

But I am not finished with AMG yet ... Next AMG won't be a daily and will be an S63 Coupe .... :)
Good man:thumb:. If they weren't quite so big that would be my choice too.
How are you finding the E200 after that E63s?

Good that you at least now have a plausible - and importantly - verifiable story as to what’s going on.

That said, I can’t believe that the dealership has never met this scenario before and didn’t anticipate it.

And no I am not responding to some messages here clearly trying to tick me off - some guys here are really like users on some 1990s Linux forums responding to someone asking what a kernel is lol ....
Well, you did ask for thoughts... ;)

I do not bank online. Is this delay the business banking equivalent of when I ring my bank to make a substantial transfer to pay for a car, there's a long questionnaire the clerk has to go through to make sure I'm not completely senile and being scammed? It's irritating; you would think that a look at my previous payments would show that it is by no means an unusual occurrence, but they always insist on going through it anyway.

Good man:thumb:. If they weren't quite so big that would be my choice too.
How are you finding the E200 after that E63s?
Slow’er haha. I think the main issue I have are the lack of features. I miss the distronic. 360 camera and other gadgets but it is still a good (enough) car. The idea is now to keep this as a daily and work horse. Putting a roof box on an e63s was always a bit weird when going camping lol.

This e200 only got 16k miles on the clock so it’ll live for a while. So when I go for the s63 the e200 will stay.

Just waiting for the v5 so I can change the plate. Because of how I feel about the 200 I got a plate ‘Y 200 WTF’ lol. Cheesy. I know.

I do not bank online. Is this delay the business banking equivalent of when I ring my bank to make a substantial transfer to pay for a car, there's a long questionnaire the clerk has to go through to make sure I'm not completely senile and being scammed? It's irritating; you would think that a look at my previous payments would show that it is by no means an unusual occurrence, but they always insist on going through it anyway.

It’s exactly that.

And I googled the message from the buyers bank and the FAQ does state that due to the size of transaction additional security is required. So I don’t think it matters how many transactions you do or make.

My own bank can be stupid too. My card was once blocked for a Starbucks but was happily accepting a £15k watch purchase at an airport.

To be fair though so many people fall for scams that are very well publicised and have been for years. There have been cases where banks have warned customers that they are being scammed, but still people go ahead. I don't mind banks paying more attention to transactions, irritating as it can be.

To be fair though so many people fall for scams that are very well publicised and have been for years. There have been cases where banks have warned customers that they are being scammed, but still people go ahead. I don't mind banks paying more attention to transactions, irritating as it can be.
^^ This
I'd much rather the bank were on the case checking what might be a dodgy transaction than blithely letting it go through leaving me to clear up the mess when my account has been hoovered clean of cash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom