• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Dealer refusing warranty repair

These aren't the best. But you get the idea. You can see the circle and the diagonal line where the rain sensor has come away and where it is in relation to the dashcam. Then the inside is self-explanatory.
It looks to me to be part of the Rear View Mirror/Camera/Sensor Cluster, if so, it can and will be removed if a Replacement Windscreen is required! :rolleyes:

Your "Service Manager" is talking sheer Bullsh!t :oops: :doh:

I could be wrong of course, but I would still get your local Windscreen Company involved if only to give good advice and prove the Manager wrong! :devil:

Call the corporate MB Customer service number and yell at them. You're a new car owner and they'll want your business in a few years.

Call the corporate MB Customer service number and yell at them. You're a new car owner and they'll want your business in a few years.

This is not America, you know.... :D

I've spoken to Autoglass on the phone who've confirmed a couple of things. 1, it should indeed be covered by insurance if the mounting has de-bonded. 2, they've never seen in 15 years a dash cam cable cause this type of damage. The guy said to take it into the workshop to get a proper opinion and some photos to use against Mercedes.

Plan for now is to leave it (the repair) and persue MB for this through as many angles as possible - 'cos they're having me off!

I've spoken to Autoglass on the phone who've confirmed a couple of things. It should indeed be covered by insurance if the mounting has de-bonded. The guy said to take it into the workshop to get a proper opinion and some photos to use against Mercedes.

Plan for now is to leave it (the repair) and persue MB for this through as many angles as possible - 'cos they're having me off!
Great result that it should be covered by insurance.
I understand the fact that Mercedes are denying any responsibility is annoying, but for a reasonably small fee of £100 excess I would avoid all hassle, stress and my time.
Personally I would ask MB once more, providing your fresh information and if their response was the same, I would pay for the repair myself and move on. Life is too short.

However, I wish you the best and hopefully you get the result you should have received in the first place.

Do you need to pay higher excess if you insist on genuine MB glass (as opposed to after market)?

I am aware that MB refused the warranty repair, but unless the glass is genuine MB then there will be no option for any sort of warranty in future either.

View attachment 156983This is a shot of the OEM replacement windscreen for our C-Class before installation. Fair bit of ‘gubbins’ attached at the factory.

Not a problem if your car is no longer covered by manufacturer's warranty, but could pose an issue with warranty claims if it is.

Not a problem if your car is no longer covered by manufacturer's warranty, but could pose an issue with warranty claims if it is.
Yep. Quite soon after we got it, ours picked up a stone chip near the edge which grew into a crack so it needed to be replaced. The car was still under warranty, but it was replaced on our insurance. I took the photo of the new windscreen in the workshop before it was fitted just out of interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom