Devil's Pit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
I realise this thread should probably be in member's gallery, but I really want to get some comments, and it definetly is motoring related ;)

Now, without further ado...

After cleaning the Shogun, putting a nice layer of wax on most of the car (and stripping down the bonnet to the paint with the intention of painting it this weekend), removing all the insides and cleaning every single little component one-at-a-time.... I got convinced to goto "The Devil's Pit Open Day" yesterday...

[YOUTUBE]Cga9jXssq_A[/YOUTUBE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cga9jXssq_A

Needless to say, by the time I got home Barton-le-Clay (never a more appropriate name!) was missing quite a bit of clay! I grabbed the pressure washer, and now my driveway looks like a riverbed... tonight I'll clean the driveway!

The funniest part was driving home (with zero visibility out the side windows) - we had random cars waving at us and giving us thumbs up!

I'll upload some more pictures soon... on a side note, I know pressure washing the engine is really really bad... but when there is 1-inch of hardening clay on it... is there an alternative?

M.

EDIT: The youTube embedding doesn't seem to work, so I've put a simple link as well...

Last edited:
No - I didn't see it (don't watch much tv :p)...

Forgot to mention - most cars there were land-rovers... can I say, the Shogun is an amazing car?! My first time off-roading in the UK; and the first time in that car...and it's a stock car (except for the wheels which are Insa Saharas) and we did all the green and red courses (couldn't attempt the blacks as we needed a roll cage, harnesses and helmets)...

We even towed out another car at one point! (and we never got to the point where we needed to be towed... sure, some parts we had to try a few times (clearing the mud I say) before making it, but we always made it!))

So here's another little clip... sadly my cameraman didn't do a great job, so it's hard to figure out the perspective... but that bombhole is as deep as the car is high, when the car is in the hole, you can only see the roof!
[YOUTUBEHQ]sHgMbm4IPhM[/YOUTUBEHQ]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHgMbm4IPhM

M.

DevilsPit114-1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom