Diagnostic tool that uses the mobile phone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have you been using the torque app for long? I've installed the app but hadn't gotten round to buying the Bluetooth adapter yet, don't suppose you have a link to the eBay site for this?

Looking at my Ebay history this seems to be the same Seller/Item

BatteryPlant

The app is good, can read codes/reset codes on both my CLK and E Class. Also had it going on a Honda Jazz. Can run realtime "Dash" view as well, a limited range of sensor available on the E Class not sure if this is a system problem, or the Car only outputs certain ones.

Would the ebay ones work on a W210 2002?
If so which one?

Ta

Steve

OBD II / EOBD started in 2001 for Petrol, 2004 for Diesel.

Look under the steering column for the socket/cover that looks like:-

800px-OBD_002.jpg

Then the one I linked to would work via Bluetooth, or he sells similar that has a USB connector (Which I also have)

I don't have anything like that near the steering column.
I believe all my plug in options are undet the bonnet

many thanks

You don't have a 16pin on your 210.

I think there is a 32 pin to 16 pin adapter available somewhere.

I have the Torque app and an ELM327 bluetooth connector. I also purchased a 32pin to 16pin adaptor (effectively OBD2 to OBD).

On my 2000 W210, it reads the engine speed etc ok but doesnt come up with any faults (I have SRS light on). Not sure if this is due to my car not having a 'proper' OBD2 port or just unsupported by the app.

no way are they substitute for star but give a good indication. i bought a straightforward plug and play one off ebay for less than £30. Ideal if your buying a car too.

I used a samsung S3 and and ELM237 for a reading this morning and it worked great. May yet take to garage as they insist it will still need to be plugged in to STAR.

I agree no substitution for a STAR diagnosis, but handy for a quick ecu read and/or reading parameters. Also for clearing engine light (not tried this but it states it can do this)

I have the Torque app and an ELM327 bluetooth connector. I also purchased a 32pin to 16pin adaptor (effectively OBD2 to OBD).

On my 2000 W210, it reads the engine speed etc ok but doesnt come up with any faults (I have SRS light on). Not sure if this is due to my car not having a 'proper' OBD2 port or just unsupported by the app.

I don't know about reading srs codes but I think lots of code readers can't clear srs error codes .

I have the Torque app and an ELM327 bluetooth connector.

I used that set-up to have a look at a fuel consumption concern on my daughter's little Mitsubishi Colt and it worked well and was interesting to see all the stats in little dials and graphs. Proved there was nothing wroing with the car too. Bit of fun for the tenner the adapter cost.

There's apparently a better app called DashCommand for iPhone/iPad and it would have been nice to get it on the bigger screen of the iPad, but that app costs about £30 and needs a wifi adapter (dearer than bluetooth) as only Apple approved bluetooth kit works with their stuff.

i have the torque app, and a bluetooth adapter, can read data but not fault codes. its ok

HEEEEELP OBD1 only compliant Merc, HOW ANNOYING Help Convert PLZ

Guys and Gals
I have been going mad trying to figure out whether its possible to get a conversion done on a e320 cdi with OM613 motor on 2001 year.
The problem is that I desire to use the OBD2 type bluetooth scanner to build a digital dash based on a couple of android tabs and torque.
My Issue is that in UK motors, they didnt bother installing the OBD2 interface, only the previous century OBD1 under the bonnet.
Now I do realise that people sell OBD1 to OBD2 cables on EBay by I dont see how they can work as the signal stream is formed comopletely differently and is of analog format as opposed to digital as in obd2.
Has ANYONE, managed to install or convert their obd1 only car to OBD2 plug emmiting the OBD2 standard data stream?
I could help with software development etc maybe some electronics, but just have no idea where to start.
But it must be possible as all cars shipped in the US from 97 HAVE the obd2 plud near the handbreake release, but the UK cars especially diesels didnt have it.
So, there must be a way and someone knows.......
TALK DAMNIT!!!
TALK!!

PS. Only joking, but really, I have looked all over the net, but I know Im missing some crucial info. THANKS ALLLLL

:devil:

Hello,

I have a CLK 230K 2000 and I am in desperate need of communicating with OBD.
but the issue that I am having is that the car has OBDI rather OBDII and I dont know which software shall I get?????
I did the servicing myself but I cannot shut off the Service A light in my dash.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks for the advise!!!

The thing is that the kompressor has been shut off since I tried to reset the
SERVICE A light off.

I really dont know what to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom