• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Disconnect battery, then what?

Arctree

Car
W203 C220 Coupe 2007
2007 w203 c220 coupe' diseasal

If I disconnect the battery to reset ecu would I need to input any codes on reconnect?
IE engine code or radio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not if you have the factory fit radio.

You will have to normalise windows and sunroof though

Not after approx 2003, never needed one for my 203 or the 219

If you're unlucky you can try http://www.radio-code.lt/

Or the local MB dealership with the V5 and VIN

Last edited:
Normalise? Do they go down and up instead of up and down then?

No, but the one touch up and down won't work properly.Lower each window in turn, then raise on the door switch and hold it a couple of seconds when it is fully closed. The same applies to the sunroof.

No, but the one touch up and down won't work properly.Lower each window in turn, then raise on the door switch and hold it a couple of seconds when it is fully closed. The same applies to the sunroof.

Well, i'll take your word for it. Thanks for the tip.

Which ECU are you trying to reset and why? Might be safer (e.g. for SAMs) to pull a fuse if even that makes sense.

Have not a clue, just wanted to know what may happen when I change the battery which is possible in this weather, i do understand the merc has more than one controller/ecu.

A bit Microsoft, having to be cautious re-booting then?

Ah.

Nothing to reset except the one touch windows and sunroof. Always best to say why you are doing something that way you will get the best answer quickly.

If you are just changing the battery there is nothing to reset (not even the radio anymore) except the windows as said.

when my battery failed back in the summer, I removed it from the car and the car sat for a week without a battery fitted.

when I connected up a new battery, it remembered EVERY radio station and all the settings for the windows without me having to do anything!

unusual......

Very....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom