E Class 2020 Facelift Intelligent Light System beam pattern request

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP, Maybe you are comparing apples with oranges?

The raised/lowered beam was a simple way of avoiding dazzle but the Mercedes ILS starts with a blank piece of paper to solve the problem.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
As discussed on the other forum, we have identified my light pattern being raised on the opposite side despite settings all being correct

As discussed on the other forum, we have identified my light pattern being raised on the opposite side despite settings all being correct
What happens when you set it to left hand drive ?

The beam pattern stays level, after 5 minutes or so I get repetitive error messages on my driver dash saying check driver settings (left/hand).

So useless if you decide to drive in France etc .

If, when you set it to LHD it constantly tells you that there is a fault then there must be a fault. The car has no idea what side of the road it is on that is why you have to tell it. That would be enough (plus what you have shown us) to tell me there is defiantly a fault in the ILS system . I am stating the bloomin' obvious I know.

Why can't the Mercedes Benz dealers you have taken it too not see what oncoming truck drivers (and us) can see ? The mind boggles. I hope you get it sorted , it's a brand new car FFS.

OP, Maybe you are comparing apples with oranges?

The raised/lowered beam was a simple way of avoiding dazzle but the Mercedes ILS starts with a blank piece of paper to solve the problem.
Thanks for this - really interesting

Can it be set for LHD without delving in the engine bay?

Yes it is set via a menu, here is an interesting video of it in action.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Has the dealer checked this against another new 2020 facelift model ??
Not as I am aware of. The two garages I have been in have had 0 on site.

If, when you set it to LHD it constantly tells you that there is a fault then there must be a fault. The car has no idea what side of the road it is on that is why you have to tell it. That would be enough (plus what you have shown us) to tell me there is defiantly a fault in the ILS system . I am stating the bloomin' obvious I know.

Why can't the Mercedes Benz dealers you have taken it too not see what oncoming truck drivers (and us) can see ? The mind boggles. I hope you get it sorted , it's a brand new car FFS.
Tell me about it. I am scratching my head and starting to think I am seeing things!! But my pre-face lift models were all correct and that's how I instantly knew there was an issue as both my vehicles have had the ILS but my new facelift model is on the opposite side

Could be something as silly as coding in the lights are for left hand drive and so when you select left hand drive it gets confused and puts the warning on the dash I'd be taking it straight back and asking the dealer to contact the technical dept

Could be something as silly as coding in the lights are for left hand drive and so when you select left hand drive it gets confused and puts the warning on the dash I'd be taking it straight back and asking the dealer to contact the technical dept
It appears left is right and right is left. Hopefully someone can shed some light on the problem.

Hi all,

Thought I would rebump this post to see if anybody has had the same issue or has received their W213 facelift and can give me some examples of their kick up patterns?

Long story short, for the past 10 months I have been going back and forth to the dealership and wasting a lot of time and effort to the point where there are no resolutions. I am getting to the stage where I will be rejecting the car after over a year of no successful outcomes.

If you guys can show me your kick up patterns from your W213 facelifts, that would be hugely helpful!

Thanks

Hi all,

Thought I would rebump this post to see if anybody has had the same issue or has received their W213 facelift and can give me some examples of their kick up patterns?

Long story short, for the past 10 months I have been going back and forth to the dealership and wasting a lot of time and effort to the point where there are no resolutions. I am getting to the stage where I will be rejecting the car after over a year of no successful outcomes.

If you guys can show me your kick up patterns from your W213 facelifts, that would be hugely helpful!

Thanks

I did not find the option code for your lights mentioned earlier. I guess you have 641 ILS LEDs (Multi-beam leds)? Parts Information gives the exact same head light part for LHD and RHD cars (642 or 641 lights). The physical parts seem to be the same and if there was a light pattern error, it would have to be a version coding error which again should be impossible when on-line SCN coded.

Our 2021 W213 has 642 lights (LHD car) and if I remember right, the light pattern is absolutely flat when the car is stationary (auto-lights, high beams activate only at speed). I could go to the garage and double-check.

I did not find the option code for your lights mentioned earlier. I guess you have 641 ILS LEDs (Multi-beam leds)? Parts Information gives the exact same head light part for LHD and RHD cars (642 or 641 lights). The physical parts seem to be the same and if there was a light pattern error, it would have to be a version coding error which again should be impossible when on-line SCN coded.

Our 2021 W213 has 642 lights (LHD car) and if I remember right, the light pattern is absolutely flat when the car is stationary (auto-lights, high beams activate only at speed). I could go to the garage and double-check.
Thanks - not sure on the parts however the image below is the version of headlights I have in the UK (RHD, left hand traffic)

asset.MQ6.12.20200622121318.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom