• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

E class pre MOT brake stuff

W1ghty

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320cdi and CLK200
IMG_2736.jpegIMG_2738.jpegIMG_2741.jpegIMG_2740.jpegBeen a busy few days with the E class . I took the rear calipers off and changed the pistons because the original ones are a plasticky compound that apparently swell with heat and age . I changed the dust covers and internal seal as well . I did split one new dust seal with a screwdriver when bedding it on so had to wait a couple of days for a new one to turn up .
Last year I had an advisory for rubber brake hose perishing so I took this opportunity to change all 4 at the same time . Three went without an issue , but one of the fronts rounded off the nut so it took an hour to file down the 11mm nut to 10mm so I could get a smaller spanner on it . With a bit of freeze spray and more penetrating fluid it finally worked .
I cleaned up and lubed both front and rear level sensors with ACF50 .
Cleaned the bodywork slots in the front wheel wells that can collect dirt and grit .
Adjusted and regreased both front wheel bearings .
Stuck the summer alloys back on with new Goodyear Assymetric 5’s all round.
Because the weather was so nice I managed a quick pint at the local pub after a walk on the last 3 days as well .
If I charged by the hour I would have earn’t a fortune .

View attachment 155628View attachment 155629View attachment 155630View attachment 155631Been a busy few days with the E class . I took the rear calipers off and changed the pistons because the original ones are a plasticky compound that apparently swell with heat and age . I changed the dust covers and internal seal as well . I did split one new dust seal with a screwdriver when bedding it on so had to wait a couple of days for a new one to turn up .
Last year I had an advisory for rubber brake hose perishing so I took this opportunity to change all 4 at the same time . Three went without an issue , but one of the fronts rounded off the nut so it took an hour to file down the 11mm nut to 10mm so I could get a smaller spanner on it . With a bit of freeze spray and more penetrating fluid it finally worked .
I cleaned up and lubed both front and rear level sensors with ACF50 .
Cleaned the bodywork slots in the front wheel wells that can collect dirt and grit .
Adjusted and regreased both front wheel bearings .
Stuck the summer alloys back on with new Goodyear Assymetric 5’s all round.
Because the weather was so nice I managed a quick pint at the local pub after a walk on the last 3 days as well .
If I charged by the hour I would have earn’t a fortune .
Good effort!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom