• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

E class reverse camera

Peakie

Car
C250 cdi 2014
Hi my reverse camera has stopped working it will work for a split second then a blank screen with a camera and cross through it, I’ve just fitted a new flap/boot mechanism which the camera sits in as I thought it would be that and Mercedes say they’ve sold over 500 of them but it’s still the same, any ideas the car is a c238 e class coupe 2018. Thanks.

Power is good, obvs, so the signal wire maybe an issue, if you can get to the back of the camera, run a small coaxial feed to it, around the outside of the car. Have your findings on my desk first thing tomorrow :cool:

Sorry but it is possibly a CAN fault the only thing I know about CAN is beans come in them, soz

You can't guess on this (as you've discovered).. You need to use Xentry Diagnosis and test the flap and the returned values and the camera etc. They sell lots of flap mechanisms because they get physically broken reasonably easily

R

You can't guess on this (as you've discovered).. You need to use Xentry Diagnosis and test the flap and the returned values and the camera etc. They sell lots of flap mechanisms because they get physically broken reasonably easily

R
Just had it plugged into a snap on code reader and it’s found code u0143-86.., multifunction control unit., incorrect signal.?

Just had it plugged into a snap on code reader and it’s found code u0143-86.., multifunction control unit., incorrect
Snapon is not good enough to diagnose this. You need someone with Xentry who is used to using it and knows how to read the values from the switches and test them etc

I have the same year Cabriolet. I’ve had convertibles in the past where the cables have snapped that run to the boot lid.
I was looking at the tube that the cables run in the other day and thinking that anything could be going on in there..
Perhaps see if you can work the tube up to check the condition of the wires in there..

Snapon is not good enough to diagnose this. You need someone with Xentry who is used to using it and knows how to read the values from the switches and test them etc
Had someone come out with a Xentry code reader and he updated the software for the camera but soon as it operated it throws up a code again, it keeps saying actuator blocked which I’m sure is that new part I fitted but with the old part it said this as well and also says check wiring to the Sam unit.??

I’m in norfolk, looks like a trip to Mercedes and get them to suss it out.
I am Norfolk based, I had a new 2016 E350 Estate that unbelievably came with no reverse camera, I took mine to Comand and they fitted one as if factory fitted including all the necessary coding/entry onto Mercedes systems.

It is a bit of a trip but i considered it worthwhile.

Robin

Hi. I have the same issue with my 2017 C238.

Would be interested to know how you find the correct part numbers to source replacement actuator/motor.

I am Norfolk based, I had a new 2016 E350 Estate that unbelievably came with no reverse camera, I took mine to Comand and they fitted one as if factory fitted including all the necessary coding/entry onto Mercedes systems.

It is a bit of a trip but i considered it worthwhile.

Robin
Amen.

Richard knows his stuff.

If it’s too far, I’d find a mobile vehicle electrician rather than an MB main dealer.

Not just for cost, but more for quality of service and expertise. You don’t get a receptionist, a rubbish cup of coffee and a long wait when you book it in and collect it, but that ability to talk to the guy who’s fixed it for you is worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom