• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

e220 w212 leaks

streethawk

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320cdi sport
Hi guys my uncle took his e220 for a service at mb today with a full mb service history and being brought by him from said dealer 9 months ago and 15000 miles later. Two major problems! One was the inlet port shutoff motor has an oil leak they say and it either needs replacing or maybe a new gasket. Also the transmission oil cooler has a bad oil leak which they say is another gasket. £500 each they said. Now iam thinking because it's a used approved mercedes and only 9 months in then this should be covered under warranty. ? Everything should of been gone over with a fine tooth comb before sale. So either way this should not happen on a 57000 mile car and surely be covered. They aren't sure they will do anything yet but he's waiting a phone call Monday. What are your thoughts on this? Should it be covered and if they don't play ball what can he do. ? I've read on here folks sending letters to mercedes top man to get somewhere but iam not sure who and where to send this. My opinion is it should be sorted free of charge as you spend nearly £20000 on a merc from merc that should be perfect. Many thanks Carl.

I thought all aproved used Mb carry a 12 month warranty bud, Toyota do.

I thought all aproved used Mb carry a 12 month warranty bud, Toyota do.

It does but there arguing that it should be done under warranty which is why iam asking advice on here. As far as iam concerned it should be covered as it's not a wear and tear item. Just wondering what you guys think.

Yeah im with you on that, should have been picked up 57k is low miles.

Check the scope of the warranty to see what's covered and what isn't. It's quite common for there to be exclusions for leaks from gaskets.

He's only had it 9 months and according to mb it should have transmission fluid done at 75000 once on this model but had it done at 32000! When he asked why the all the guy said was it had issues. Wonder if that issue had anything to do with the trans oil cooler gasket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom