• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

E220 W213 android auto installation for Audio 20

I have a wdd212 and using the vin tool is says I have audio 20 and the number next to it is 523. Are there option for android auto as the navi button does nothing. Would like to mirror maps to the screen

523 is Audio20.

The W212 initially had NTG4.

The facelift model in 2013 got NTG4.5.

In the last year of production, 2016, the W212 got NTG5*1.

With NTG4 (2009-2013), you can't have Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.

If your car has NTG4.5 (facelift 2013-2015), then this kit should give you Apple CarPlay and Android Auto:

With NTG5*1, there's an option for a genuine retrofit of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, but I'm not sure if it's only for COMAND or also for Audio20.

Or, you can send an email with your VIN to [email protected] and they'll tell what can be done and how much it costs.

The other alternative is to opt for an aftermarket Android-bases infotainment system, e.g. Erisin, which will have Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kj8
Depending where you are I can recommend MB Tech in Warrington. They added carplay and android auto to my W213 with Audio 20 and I've had no issues. It was all done officially through MB and now shows on my car's data card when I do a VIN check

Depending where you are I can recommend MB Tech in Warrington. They added carplay and android auto to my W213 with Audio 20 and I've had no issues. It was all done officially through MB and now shows on my car's data card when I do a VIN check

Is it an early W213 (2017-2018), and does it have Audio20 NTG5*1?

523 is Audio20.

The W212 initially had NTG4.

The facelift model in 2013 got NTG4.5.

In the last year of production, 2016, the W212 got NTG5*1.

With NTG4 (2009-2013), you can't have Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.

If your car has NTG4.5 (facelift 2013-2015), then this kit should give you Apple CarPlay and Android Auto:

With NTG5*1, there's an option for a genuine retrofit of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, but I'm not sure if it's only for COMAND or also for Audio20.

Or, you can send an email with your VIN to [email protected] and they'll tell what can be done and how much it costs.

The other alternative is to opt for an aftermarket Android-bases infotainment system, e.g. Erisin, which will have Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Superb! Thanks very much. I'll look into this now

This sounds positive for Audio 20 owners.

Can anyone advise me on options for my early S212 with Audio 50 with integral satnav please as it sounds like the upgrade path would be a whole different ball game.

Im after adding Android Auto and DAB functionality plus ideally a larger screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom