e300 wvo is it to cold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vwtdi130pd

Car
E300 td
This isn't the best site for alternative fuel advise and the people that'll advise you are more than likely on vegetableoildiesel.co.uk - Powered by XMB anyhow.

I'm on WVO and just thin it 10% petrol but in the real cold weather as were having I've chucked in 20% diesel, to aid cold start, starts on the button.

That H.E looks good.

is your wvo realy thick just now do you have a heat exchanger
i got cought out at the start of the cold weather blasted thing wouldnt go at all had to get the hair dryer out 20 min later away she went

I have been strugling to filter my wvo, but it's not jelly like, when did you filter this batch? was it when the weather was warmer? if so the fats would have come out. Just pop it back through your filters to get the fats out, thats what I've had to do.
No mods on my car, just standard with the weeny H.E. already on it.

looks like a good setup you have i just use sock filters was gona try making bio but whats the point the merc loves the wvo

my wvo is like jelly have been running car on dino its costin way to much how do i thin this oil used to use 50 50 and a splash of petrol should i use 30 wvo(runny but thick)70 derv a bigger splash of petrol help ma wallet pls
ps gonna order a heat exchanger is this any good
HEAT EXCHANGER biofuel veg vegetable cooking oil WVO on eBay (end time 13-Jan-10 22:21:07 GMT)

As Andy said with 20% dino you should be fine and no need for a heat exchanger.
10% dino and 5 % petrol if you like should work as well.
Also let the glows light goes off and start the car maybe 10 second after, this will warm up the prechamber.
Sometimes you can let the glows on for a cycle ( untill you hear a clunk under the hood), then do the normal start.

was running 60wvo/40derv and got caught ou car started run for a few min then wouldnt start it was like starting ww3 trying to get ot going once started again it was ok

40 % mix and trouble to start... Are you filters OK?
You might want to have a look at the tank strainer, the pre-filter and the fuel filter.
Olivier

I've been starting with no problems on 90% WVO and 10% unleaded petrol with a splash of acetone as well. Are your glow plugs in good working order? On the colder mornings (-5 according to the car dash temp) I just gave it a second blast of the glow plugs and it started no bother.
You really need to take just the runny stuff off the top of your WVO prior to filtering at this time of year. The jelly like stuff will be fine in the summer when the temperature rises again.

Cheers Jim

it started first turn of the key just run for two min then dead didn't have any petrol in the mix tho, any way the heat exchanger is on the way got the p&p for free only £49
just need to fit it any suggestions where

You need to splice into the cab heater pipe (out of cylinder head), right hand side of the engine near the oil filter housing, tricky job but doable.

Olivier has some photo's to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom