E350 Coupe c207, No response from both pumps for multicontour seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Your welcome glad you got it sorted

I have had my C207 350CDi coupe multifunction seats fail recently, thank you to all who have posted in this thread.. now I know where to look I am hopeful of a solution. Thanks all, will update when I find the issue! 🤖

Reactions: McT
Hi,
I have an A207 E220D AMG Cabriolet (2016) with multicontour seats - the controls are exactly the same as the ones in the first post on this thread.
The driver's seat works fine but there are some leaks (hissing) from under the control unit for the passenger seat.
Is there anyway to release the control unit from the seat without removing the seat or is it necessary to remove the seat to get at the connectors under the control unit?
Thanks,
Laurence

Hi,
I have an A207 E220D AMG Cabriolet (2016) with multicontour seats - the controls are exactly the same as the ones in the first post on this thread.
The driver's seat works fine but there are some leaks (hissing) from under the control unit for the passenger seat.
Is there anyway to release the control unit from the seat without removing the seat or is it necessary to remove the seat to get at the connectors under the control unit?
Thanks,
Laurence
I did not have to remove seat. Just moved the seat back as far as it would go.
Regards
David

Hi David,
The leak or leaks which I can hear are from directly under the seat control panel, not under the seat. That is why I think I need to get the control panel off but probably need to remove the seat to do this. What do you think?
Thanks,
Laurence

I have had my C207 350CDi coupe multifunction seats fail recently, thank you to all who have posted in this thread.. now I know where to look I am hopeful of a solution. Thanks all, will update when I find the issue! 🤖
Mine turned out to be chaffed wires in the bootlid area causing shorting in the rear SAM... diagnosed and fixed by my Indie...

Issue with air leak from pax seat control panel was fixed by local garage. They were able to release the top part of the panel - the piece with the 4 roller-controls - (some latches holding it onto the main body) and checked o-rings etc. All good, clicked it back securely, no leaks. So assumption is that I (or valet pre-sale) disturbed the panel when cleaning down the side of the seat. Delighted!
Btw, on this car, A-207 2016 E220D Cab, there is a common air supply for both seats, since when this leak caused the compressor to time out, the other seat would not inflate wither.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom