E350D 2011 engine management light on!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DavomercE350D

Car
E class 350 d estate 2011
Hi all my names is Nath I recently brought a E350 diesel 2011. It has been running like a dream until tonight engine management light came on and went into limp mode! Got back to where I had to pick my son up from football, turned the car off locked it, left it for 10 mins went back started fine and run like nothing was wrong but light still on. I have checked the manual with no luck as what the problem is was wondering if anyone had came across the same problem as I am a MB virgin thanks!

Ok thank you thought it might be a plug in job. Appreciate the info.

Rugeley near Cannock Staffordshire!

Hi Nath, As stated needs codes reading, you do not necessarily need Star for basic code reading i have a Autel maxi code reader thats ok for most basic jobs, welcome to Mercedes you will get plenty of practice with limp modes some regular ones that spring to mind are inlet swirl flap motor! it is positioned right under the turbo inlet pipe that leaks oil onto it and burns the motor out, but check for boost leaks from any of the hoses,
Cheers Dave

Will do Dave thank you for the welcome and information will have a look tomorrow when it’s light if I’m bk from work early enough! Might get the misses to do it!

Dave to be honest she would probably look in the boot and say found it when she saw the warning triangle! lol

The Autel reader is fine for most jobs, as said above, beyond that, an icarsoft reader is good, and is still comfortably less than a visit to an MB dealer.

A spot of Google and mbclub.co.uk and you'll usually be able to work out what's going on.

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom