E55 AMG and E63 AMG rear discs back plates the same?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Duff3103

Car
2007 E63 AMG
Can anyone shed any light if the E55 plate will fit the e63? according to mercedes the e63 ones are no longer available and upon checking the rear disc part no.s they seem to be the same all be it the rears on the 55 seem to only have one part no. leading me to believe they arent drilled/sided like the e63 so im wondering if i can just use the e55 plate instead? they seem very similar almost too close to call. Would be nice to fit new backplates on with the wheel bearings and abs rings while im in there

I wouldn't like guess whether the E55 back plates would fit a W211 E63, but can say there are 4 different Part numbers for both cars and the E55 slightly cheaper.

FYI.
E55 Rear left A230 420 13 44
E55 Rear right A230 420 14 44

E63 Rear Left A219 420 01 44
E63 Rear Right A219 420 02 44

According to the blurb, these fit a W211 E63 . Might be worth a call to confirm fitment.

These are the other sellers who claim their part fits an E63.

Just to clarify this.

I purchased 2x rear back plates for an e55 from febi bilstein at £32 a corner

Due to the e63 rear plates no longer being available these fit perfectly minus a nick top and bottom for the caliper to fit in as the e63 caliper fouls slightly on the plate. I cut a section of the old plate and just held it over marked and cut using a small grinder. Job done. Gave them a coat of black paint for good measure

Well done buddy, hats off to your engineering skills👍 🙂

I wonder if the non AMG back plates would work with the same modification? Might be slightly smaller in diameter too, so would see less of the tin plate.

Alex at Legit Street Cars did a BBK conversion using E55 brakes onto non AMG model, was a direct bolt on onto the stub axle. The back plates were shorter and the AMG 330mm disc fitted very snug.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well done buddy, hats off to your engineering skills👍 🙂

I wonder if the non AMG back plates would work with the same modification? Might be slightly smaller in diameter too, so would see less of the tin plate.

Alex at Legit Street Cars did a BBK conversion using E55 brakes onto non AMG model, was a direct bolt on onto the stub axle. The back plates were shorter and the AMG 330mm disc fitted very snug.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
You’ll probably find that the hubs are the same just the backplates, discs and callipers will be different to accommodate which model you have.

Doesn’t bother me seeing a small section of the backplate as it stops you being able to see the top arms behind making it look a bit neater. I always recommend a little cost of paint before fitting tho as the original coatings never stay black for long

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom