E55 amg draining battery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Howya Marko ye I’m in Meath , it’s a Irish car aswell
Nice where about mate im in North Dublin have my car only a few months ****8ng thing needs loads of work so if I find anyone decent and you need help l will let you know there's only a handful e55 around have you done many repairs to it yet ? Did you get the issues sorted ?

Looks like your seeing some of the typical jobs that eventually need doing on this model, I've recently worked through a number of these and found the car is not so difficult to work on and fix. I also think the cost of maintaining this car is very reasonable, especially compared to fuelling it LOL!

Very knowledgeable and experienced members on this forum, and they are very helpful!

Its a great car and in my view you get a lot of car for your money, good luck!!

Sorry to reply here but thought no point starting new thread.

Wanted to ask anyone on this forum with some knowledge around these cars and their electronics. I used a fuse tester Sealeys TA-120 and determined my seat modules were killing the battery. Since removing all 4 of its fuses battery lasts good and get 14.1V on the dash readout and at the terminals on the battery, but noticed its still going down a bit after a couple of days. Despite being 2 months old (genuine battery fitted front and back), the battery seems to hold charge at 12.3v. I guess all those battery booster starts may have reduced its charge hold ( assumingly).

I checked the radio fuse 28 on the drive side panel and the fuse tester shows 0.88A draw. I checked this when I unlocked the car without starting.
Could someone kindly tell us if this is normal draw from the radio? and should I have waited 30 minutes with door open to check?

I'm not sure what a normal/acceptable draw would be considered. I will probably change this for an aftermarket unit.

Also for AGM batteries I raed that 12.8V is 100% charge on these as they hold a bit extra but it drops to around 12.4-3 overnight and so far has stayed at that voltage when checking a week later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom