• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

E55 Pulley decesion

ChrisE55

Car
E55
I’m interested in your pulley/tune combo. I have an 06 E55 with the following:

* PLM XL heat exchanger

*Bosch 010 pump

*Belt wrap kit - 5 pulley upgrade

*New OEM tank and OEM fuel pumps (Recall)

TCU program

Car is basically stock.

I am interested in the 77mm or 84 mm. Can I run a 77 mm with stock exhaust or better to go with the 84mm? Do I have adequate cooling with my mods? Don’t want to grenade anything.
I'm in the states and I get differing opinions and I found this forum with my overseas bretheren. FYI: I lived in Farnborough back in the day. (Father was a US Navy Test Pilot).

Thanks!
Chris

Hi,as you already have an upgraded HE you are part the way there. I ran a 77mm with no additional cooling and in the British climate it was fine. If I was doing repeated high speed runs then there is no question that the excessive heat generate would have meant power loss. Additional cooling almost guarantees the extra power and torque you gain from the pulley, to be there all the time. If I had a 55k again I would definitely install additional cooling.

Have a read of my thread below as there is some great info from
Owners.

On top of your HE you could add one of the following;

Split Cooling (£200-£800 depending on whether you go additional reservoir or bespoke tank)

Killer Chiller (circa £1k)

Meth (circa £800-£1k)

Hope this helps
Jules

Hi,as you already have an upgraded HE you are part the way there. I ran a 77mm with no additional cooling and in the British climate it was fine. If I was doing repeated high speed runs then there is no question that the excessive heat generate would have meant power loss. Additional cooling almost guarantees the extra power and torque you gain from the pulley, to be there all the time. If I had a 55k again I would definitely install additional cooling.

Have a read of my thread below as there is some great info from
Owners.

On top of your HE you could add one of the following;

Split Cooling (£200-£800 depending on whether you go additional reservoir or bespoke tank)

Killer Chiller (circa £1k)

Meth (circa £800-£1k)

Hope this helps
Jules
Hi Jules,
Thank you for the info. The difference in torque between the 83 and 77 is sizeable. That difference is why I want the 77mm. With the 77 mm I have been told the injectors should be replaced with 550's as the stock injectors are questionable.

You can't correct any post on, regardless of post count, here after a few minutes....slightly annoying tbh....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom